What's new

surface book keeps hanging

kodos

Sudden freezes are likely HW issues. No software patches are not going to work. Send it back now, it's basically a very useless and expensive lump of metal and glass. I had to send my i7/8GB/256GB and get a replacement unit, which has been working just fine!

beluga25

Yes, I was the second poster in this thread and got my my exchanged SB back two days ago. I was disgusted with my original SB out of the
box--constant freezing rendering it useless. After hassleing with MS for quite a while on the phone they seemingly reluctantly
agreed to send me an RMA/shipping label. I returned it the day after I got it (6-7 days ago) and like I said, they returned a new one
the other day after also having received several emails and one phone call from them. This alone amazed me--I figured I'd probably just
receive my old unit back from their Texas facility after having sat around a few weeks w/o even being looked at.

My exchanged machine seems also to be fine--zero freezes and only a couple of BSODs and display driver errors the past 1-2 days.
Of course, in the interim there have also been some firmware and other updates, so who knows? I just had the unsubstantiated
feeling that my original unit had hw issues though. Although the serial number was quite a bit higher than my original unit I was
initially dismayed to see the lot number on the new one was the same: 1451. But like I say, no real issues.

GL to everyone--this machine is really nice when it works! I hope they get the dock issues straightened out--I want to get one!

Search tags for this page
microsoft surface book hanging
microsoft surface habgibg
my surface book keeps hanging

surface book

surface book hang

surface book hanging

surface book hanging on welcome
surface book hanging on welcome screen
surface book log in screen hanging
surface pro 3 has hanged

Members online