What's new

Surface Dial

Wevenhuis

I have found the surface dial to be useful for my surface pro. Page scrolling and managing the volume from a distance when playing music is great. I hope microsoft unleashes more functionality of the dial though. I have found it very useful for various other functions and features in windows and apps. Dial funcitons that haven't been tapped into, I have come across are:

-defining double or even triple clicking on the dial to call for a function, feature or app
-defining press and hold+ turn left/turn right to activate a feature and its opposite
-defining speed of the dial turn to change the speed of how a feature is executed (example slow turning is <0,05 second skip of a video, medium turning is a 5-10 second skip of video and fast turning a 30 seconds or faster skip of a video.
- defining long press of the dial. now a 1-2 second hold can be used to open the dial menu, a 3-4 second hold to open the task switcher and 5 second or long to put the pc to sleep or shut it down?
-in the dial tool assigning in settings I am missing the windows key to save commands such as redo/undo or call up windows search etc.

Search tags for this page
change surface dial scroll speed
how to change scroll speed of surface dial
how to use surface dial

surface dial 2

surface dial for explorer
surface dial for surface book

surface dial will work on surface pro screen

surface dial with surface pro 3
surface pro 4 dial onscreen
using a surface dial on a surface book