What's new

Surface Dock: second monitor screen keeps blinking

Blurpje

I have a Surface 5 and two monitors connected via the Surface Dock with usb-c and one 1 screen keeps flashing even after a firmware upgrade of the dock. ( this one: Surface_Dock_FwUpdate_1.53.139_Win10_17763_20.075.41193_0_AMD64.msi)
Attached is a screenshot of the surface app showing the details of the dock

Attachments

• jeroen van kuik.JPG
    jeroen van kuik.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 37

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
switch the connection to the monitors A = Left and B =Right.
if A was the one flashing before and A is still the one flashing after switching connections it's the monitor.
if the problem moves to B then try switching the other end of the cable (don't move the one you already moved)
If the problem moves back to A the cable is bad otherwise the port on the dock is the problem.
Label everything before you start A or B and both ends of the cables A1, A2 and B1, B2. Also label the Dock ports A & b

OP
B

Blurpje

switch the connection to the monitors A = Left and B =Right.
if A was the one flashing before and A is still the one flashing after switching connections it's the monitor.
if the problem moves to B then try switching the other end of the cable (don't move the one you already moved)
If the problem moves back to A the cable is bad otherwise the port on the dock is the problem.
Label everything before you start A or B and both ends of the cables A1, A2 and B1, B2. Also label the Dock ports A & b
i'm gonna give it a try:)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I might have confused that ... need more coffee ...
if the problem moves to B on the first cable switch and stays on B after the cable switch the cable is bad.