What's new

Surface Docking station issues

OP
A

abcefg

What I did was install all of the optional updates (with the dock attached, of course). Following a reboot (with the dock), I allowed the device to reach hibernation, and it awoke in about 2-3 seconds.

I will keep check on it though; this being one of the most frustrating issues I've had to deal with using my SP3 - reboot city.

I am currently installing one more optional update, but it has some issues (KB3022345). It is not obvious that it has anything to do with the dock, but who knows.

While I do like the SP3 I find that I am dealing with too many issues related to power and booting.

TheTruQ

I am currently installing one more optional update, but it has some issues (KB3022345). It is not obvious that it has anything to do with the dock, but who knows.

While I do like the SP3 I find that I am dealing with too many issues related to power and booting.

Hopefully, you get it fixed. I haven't had any major issues out of my SP3 (the exception being the wifi troubles experienced by us all). The problems with docking station hibernation were the only other significant issue for me. To counter that issue, I just increased the time before the tablet hibernates.

It's possible you have a defective unit.

TheTruQ

How do you do that?

Go to Control Panel, then System. You should see an option for Power Options - not in front of my PC right now. There will be an option under the Balanced profile for monitor and hibernation. You can set how long before each happens when on battery or plugged in.

OP
A

abcefg

Hopefully, you get it fixed. I haven't had any major issues out of my SP3 (the exception being the wifi troubles experienced by us all). The problems with docking station hibernation were the only other significant issue for me. To counter that issue, I just increased the time before the tablet hibernates.

It's possible you have a defective unit.

Defective Surface or Dock?