What's new

Surface pro 2 replacement

Dahnark

I am going to do a replacement but the support says me that the replacement device is not a new surface it is refurbished (sleep problems, pen edge sensibility, backlight, etc).

Is it normal? Google always change the devices for a new devices (I had the typical display issue matches with yellow tue in my nexus 5).

Really I am not happy with this political point. I think that in Spain (I think Europe too), the device must be a new....

tarrant64

Nothing political about it. Not everyone replaces the unit with a brand new device. Yes it will be refurbished but that doesn't mean the hardware is junk. If you get a new device and you find something wrong with it- simply return it. I had to do this myself on my last exchange, but the replacement unit ultimately ended up being flawless in the end.

You're only other option is if you purchased it at the Best Buy and went with their geek squad warranty - in which case they do replace it with brand new.

OP
Dahnark

Dahnark

Nothing political about it. Not everyone replaces the unit with a brand new device. Yes it will be refurbished but that doesn't mean the hardware is junk. If you get a new device and you find something wrong with it- simply return it. I had to do this myself on my last exchange, but the replacement unit ultimately ended up being flawless in the end.

You're only other option is if you purchased it at the Best Buy and went with their geek squad warranty - in which case they do replace it with brand new.

In Spain there aren't best buy stores

tarrant64

Was just trying to make a comparison about the warranty options available, but since you've already purchased complete you're really stuck with what they offer. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with refurbished.

OP
Dahnark

Dahnark

Was just trying to make a comparison about the warranty options available, but since you've already purchased complete you're really stuck with what they offer. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with refurbished.

I have been reading and in Spain is ilegal change for a refurbished if the device has 1 year or less. Just I do a reclamation... Probably now I get a refurbished and when the reclamation finish in five months I get a new.

tarrant64

I'm not from Spain so I won't pretend to understand that, but you will want to make sure that the law does in fact apply to you here. Sometimes there's fine print that says if there's an exception or not.

jimkraz

If Spain comes under European rules like UK, it is not illegal after six weeks to replace with second hand refurbished goods though they must be fit for purpose and come with the same length of warranty as your original item had, if within six weeks it will be deemed to have had a inherent fault and you can claim a replacement or your money back, as far I believe.