What's new

Surface Pro 2 speakers improvement

cedric5555

I had Surface Pro and the speaker quality not acceptable. It is too quiet. Can't even compare to my other cheaper windows 8 atom tablets. (Acer and Asus)

Does anyone know if the speakers on SP2 are louder compare to the SP?
Microsoft only mentioned added Dolby but it doesn't mean it is louder than SP.

Anyone please confirm.

Thanks,

PS Sony Vaio Tap 11 has much better sound quality and it is slimmer

demandarin

On stored movies and such, vlc has a volume booster that does wonders to boost volume on pro. Sounds good imo. Plus depends on source where audio coming from whether loud or not. Bit through vlc, on pro 1, sounds loud and clear to me

EMINENT

Not to mention, if you go into the speaker properties and tick the Loudness option, it raises the volume significantly.

jimsmart

This is awesome. Just after I bought my SP I took a plane flight and when I watched a movie with headphones I could barely hear it with the volume at max level. I had to push the ear buds in tight to make out most of the dialogue.

nysj

I had Surface Pro and the speaker quality not acceptable. It is too quiet. Can't even compare to my other cheaper windows 8 atom tablets. (Acer and Asus)

Does anyone know if the speakers on SP2 are louder compare to the SP?
Microsoft only mentioned added Dolby but it doesn't mean it is louder than SP.

Anyone please confirm.

Thanks,

PS Sony Vaio Tap 11 has much better sound quality and it is slimmer

Hi,

Have you upgraded your SP to windows 10?
I was amased by the loudness of the speaker output, I mean, consistently across sources (bbc iplayer, youtube, music players, etc.)
I actually started a thread in the forum to identify any other who had this pleasant surprise.

Good luck!