What's new

Surface Pro 2017 - Overclocking

LTwin

Hey, i'm wondering than nobody still made a post about true overclocking of Surface 3/4/2017 with GPU, RAM and CPU. I didn't find any software for overclocking our devices (Intel XTU just play with voltage, Intel control panel do nothing), UEFI doesn't any access to overclocking. Does anybody know how to overclock device? It has a huge potential... Asus and other laptops and tablets overclock much easier.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
These devices are really not designed to be overclocked, and are pushing the barrier for thermal limits as it is.

Wevenhuis

Maybe not overclock, but here are some interesting performance tidbits:

Surface Pro 4 i7-Throttling workaround:

Surface Pro ("5") 2017-Power Limit Throttling Bypassed:

OP
L

LTwin

All of such devices like tablets are not for overclocking, may be later some body try to mod the UEFI to make some changes with frequencies.

OP
L

LTwin

@LTwin

First the CPU multiplier is locked and I don't thin you can overclock the BLCK to something over 100mhz since it won't post beyond that anyway
I would like to play with RAM and GPU, no reason to play with CPU, under loads, it is often turn off turbo even downvolted. I used Intel XTU to downvolt CPU and GPU for about -110 mV and got about 15% more 3dMark scores.