What's new

Surface Pro 3 Tips & Tricks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yup. Trust me. Held my thumb on the little Widows sign on the right side of the screen, then pressed the volume down key. All it does is lower my volume.

UPDATE: I even tried volume up. All it does is raise my volume.

Press the Volume Rocker Down... then press the Capacitive Windows Button until the Screen Dims....

Also it is much easier to take a screen shot by double clicking the top button on the Surface Pro 3 Pen....

Last edited:
OP
jedge

jedge

Press the Volume Rocker Down... then press the Capacitive Windows Button until the Screen Dims....

Also it is much easier to take a screen shot by double clicking the top button on the Surface Pro 3 Pen....

Do you mean double-clicking the top button on the Surface Pro 3 pen? Yup, that works too, but it automatically imports it into OneNote. So that's kinda a whole new tip & trick on it's own. :)
Great idea, i'll add this in to the original post too.

Last edited:

scottysize

Rocker down and Windows at the same time I finally got it to work today, but it's touchy. You're right. Nothing like Android

Double clicking the pen acts like it takes a screen shot, but it doesn't. It just opens OneNote.

ctitanic

Rocker down and Windows at the same time I finally got it to work today, but it's touchy. You're right. Nothing like Android

Double clicking the pen acts like it takes a screen shot, but it doesn't. It just opens OneNote.

I don't know what's wrong in your case because it opens oneNote and paste the Portion of the Screen previously selected.

ctitanic

Run the following command in an elevated command prompt in Windows:

netsh interface tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled (normal is default)

netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled

I have found that this options help making the Wifi connection more stable.

http://www.speedguide.net/articles/windows-7-vista-2008-tweaks-2574

More and a very good tool here:

http://www.speedguide.net/tcpoptimizer.php

Note: The program needs to be ran as Administrator, some option will not work in Windows 8.1 but it will not harm anything. I recommend to read the above guide and apply manually the recommendations posted there.

Last edited: