What's new

Solved Surface Pro 4 Mail/Calendar crash

DivaMom96

I just received by Surface Pro 4 and love it. However, the Mail/Calendar app keeps crashing. I have searched for a solution, but no luck. Any suggestions?

robertcan

No suggestions as I've had the same issue. Yesterday it crashed 4 times. Today only once. MS clearly has some issues to resolve. I really like the SP4 and I'm an Apple guy but this level of issues is not something I'm used to dealing with. I'm going to try to stick with the SP4 unless the issues get worse. This is my second SP4. First one had to go back after suffering through multiple problems. Second one is MUCH better but still has issues. Waiting to see if MS acknowledges the problems and offers timeline for resolution.

OP
D

DivaMom96

I hear you, robertcan. I am also an apple girl, but really like the surface. I hope that these issues can be resolved or it will have to go back. I just don't have time to deal with these things.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Go into the Store App and Click on you avatar (next the Search Box) on the top left and select Downloads and Updates from the drop down and run Check for Updates, there should be an update for the App.

OP
D

DivaMom96

Go into the Store App and Click on you avatar (next the Search Box) on the top left and select Downloads and Updates from the drop down and run Check for Updates, there should be an update for the App.
Thanks for the suggestion - checked for updates; nothing. Still crashing ...

OP
D

DivaMom96

I did that before posting here, and it did nothing.

INTERESTINGLY, I went to the Microsoft Store this evening and the lady who assisted me did a hard reboot to the Surface - press the start button and the up-volume button simultaneously. This apparently reboots the system. When it came up, I saw updates being loaded, and all of a sudden, the apps worked again! They are still working and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If it happens again, the woman advised me to bring the Surface back and they would trade it out.

I will keep you updated - thank you for all of your suggestions!

Carolv

Need to make a note to self, suggest that more often.;)

Question about the 'hard reboot' mentioned by DivaMon96.

1. Do you shut down the SP by using start\power\shut down and then press the power button and up volume button to restart/turn on the SP,

or

2. while it's running/turned on, press the power button and up volume button for 15 seconds to shut it down and then press the power button to turn on?

Thanks in advance.