jbowden

1. Display driver crash
2. Wake from Sleep
3. Keyboard and touch screen stops responding
4. WiFi signal speed fluctuation
5. Battery drain during sleep
6. Battery draining to fast
7. Screen flickering

Microsoft - please fix these issues. SP4 could be a show case for "PC does What?"

leeshor

Personally I'm not having any of those issues on any of the Surface Pro 4s. And they have all been discussed at length on the forum with various degrees of success and a few failures, so far. I think a few of the items on your list are related to your settings.

The only thing on your list that Microsoft still needs to work on is #1 though I'm not getting crashes at all. I can only assume you have the 9/2 firmware installed after the Th2 upgrade.

OP
J

jbowden

I had those issues on two out of the box SP4 units. I experienced the keyboard track pad not working yesterday on a unit in Best Buy. I can re-produce display driver crash on any SP4.

leeshor

I seem to be able to reproduce the display driver issue. I have elected to stay away from it. In my case it's when I used Edge. That's why I separated that out in my post. Using Firefox with the add-ons I have installed I have not seen any driver crashes.

This IS something Microsoft will likely fix fairly soon.

OP
J

jbowden

If you have hardware acceleration on in Firefox, it will crash the driver more than Edge. With it off, it will not crash.

leeshor

If you have hardware acceleration on in Firefox, it will crash the driver more than Edge. With it off, it will not crash.
No hardware acceleration changes on my Firefox and still steady as a rock. But if that works for you - then great. As far as what you see on display models at BB I wouldn't trust any of those results. No telling who has done what to a demo model.

Peacy

Im having battery draining fast and draining in sleep mode issues, other issues i was having have been addressed..

leeshor

If you go to LinkedIn and scroll up/down using Firefox with hardware acceleration on, it will crash.
Just now tried that. Several scrolls top to bottom and back. Smooth as silk. I think I can credit my extensions for that.

Knuck

Not sure how long it will last but I have had no crashes since the major Windows 10 update. I suspect the display drivers were finally updated properly. Prior to the update several display crashes per day.

Im having battery draining fast and draining in sleep mode issues, other issues i was having have been addressed..

Battery drain for me during sleep is an obsession, I even think about it when sleeping. Other than that, my SP4 is fine. I should just enjoy it.

leeshor

Battery drain for me during sleep is an obsession, I even think about it when sleeping. Other than that, my SP4 is fine. I should just enjoy it.
So, it sounds as if you sleep better than your Surface. ;) My sleeping drain is <.05% per hour set to go into sleep mode 60 minutes after closing the tablet.