What's new

Surface Pro 5 Discussion

MadGizmoO

Today people have to be geeks to get the sp to funktion as intended, the faults is all from getting batteri life to last more then 4-5 hours, sleep/wake issues, throthling issues, screen bleeding and so on, the list is long for a product for 1000 dollars and up. I know alot of it is software, but still leaves the consumers with a feeling of an unfinished product for 1k.

Get it fiksed.

I dream of smaller bessels, like dells xps 13.
I dream of a bigger screen 13-14 inch (14plz)
I dream of thunerbolt ports for my geforce 970 gtx for home gaming rig.

The sp is the future, i love it, but to pricy, to much hassel still, so still waiting. But awsome concept, still looking forward til the day where it gets out of the beta test fase.

eholbik

I suggest for the S5--- make the Surface 5 Pen have:

1. A cover for the tip of pen. Like a regular pen. Something that protects the tip when not in use or in storage. I have broken the tip already (too exposed)

2. Allow the pen to act as a wireless presentation. Buttons that allow you to click slides on PowerPoint when giving a presentation... more customization of buttons.

3. Put a laser pointer on the surface pen-- again to compliment the pen as a tool for presentations.

Sent from mTalk

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suggest for the S5--- make the Surface 5 Pen have:

1. A cover for the tip of pen. Like a regular pen. Something that protects the tip when not in use or in storage. I have broken the tip already (too exposed)

2. Allow the pen to act as a wireless presentation. Buttons that allow you to click slides on PowerPoint when giving a presentation... more customization of buttons.

3. Put a laser pointer on the surface pen-- again to compliment the pen as a tool for presentations.
Sent from mTalk
This is an interesting idea except I think it should be an Aftermarket Pen offering from someone. The Pen would have to be fatter to accommodate the additional mechanisms and of course pen battery life would suffer with the additional feature usages.
Twist left to expose the Writing Tip,
Twist Right to expose the laser pointer.
Push the top and bottom together to change the button functions to one of five configurations which you can control via the Surface App.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Switch from current manufacturer (presumably Pegatron, as with earlier models) to Samsung for manufacturing or somebody that can improve the manufacturing quality & reliability. In theory MS could tighten the specs or otherwise improve quality with the current manufacturer... and yet they haven't. Something needs to change.

Yillbs

The sb has 3 hours of batteri without the keyboard attached, so thats a no go to me.

That's because it doesn't need more battery, thats what the dock is for. Moreover, for a tablet to have a 14 inch screen, then you might want to look at a 2-in-1, as that's not going to happen, ever.

MadGizmoO

Owned a sp3 for a week, and it left me with the feeling of envy vs the ipad pros screen size, iam a hater on the apple religion, so never want to go that way. But but the size is defently better. I think the sweet spot will be 13.3 and then plzz those bezzels we see on todays sp's is so 1980, and when you see one in the future without, youll be hating yours so much youll go buy a new one without big chunky frame, perhaps abit exsaturated but but to me a 10 inch is a joke, been there done that, but 12.3 isnt much of a climb, its there, but 1 inch more and no "highway" frame will be the future for those tablets, mark my words, i know what you want before you know it your self. Agreed 14 is proberbly to big but again if its wrapped the right sexy way, who knows.

Yillbs

Owned a sp3 for a week, and it left me with the feeling of envy vs the ipad pros screen size, iam a hater on the apple religion, so never want to go that way. But but the size is defently better. I think the sweet spot will be 13.3 and then plzz those bezzels we see on todays sp's is so 1980, and when you see one in the future without, youll be hating yours so much youll go buy a new one without big chunky frame, perhaps abit exsaturated but but to me a 10 inch is a joke, been there done that, but 12.3 isnt much of a climb, its there, but 1 inch more and no "highway" frame will be the future for those tablets, mark my words, i know what you want before you know it your self. Agreed 14 is proberbly to big but again if its wrapped the right sexy way, who knows.

I'm having a hard time reading your posts. Your english is good, but your spelling is that of a 10 year old. Please use auto correct if possible, to make things a bit easier, for everyone.

The bezels are actually quite small compared to others. Check out the lenovo 2-in-1's, and you compared it to the XPS series earlier, you can't do that. You can compare it to the XPS 12 , which also has an infinity edge display, and it's a tablet at heart. However, it has a less than brighter display than the SP4, and it's got a CORE M CPU. Additionally, it only has the infinity edge display on the site bezels, and not the top and bottom. you seem to think a full device with infinity edge displays all around would be nice. think again, where exactly do you plan to put that thumb of yours? You can't do that on a device with little to no bezels because it's going to touch the screen, and activate on screen gestures within windows 10.

MadGizmoO

1: the sb screen doesnt need more power then 3 hours ?:) what rubbish is that, where you got that idea from, that it doesnt need more? Whats the purpose of it, what can you do with it for 3 hours which would satisfi you?whatch a long movie and its dead, so not much, so you bring the dock, but then we are back at being a normal laptop, with semi grafick

2: Thought a sp was a 2in1 (tablet with laptop abillity) also thought the sb was a semi 2in1 (laptop with tablet abillity)
Kinda thought i was the right place:)

If i could chose the screen size of the sb for a sp, i would ofc(ofc it needs more then 3hour batteri), i want a tablet and not a laptop as the sb is in my oppion, havnt study the sb much, but its not coming with a geforce 970 gtx or that type of power so dont see any use of it at all especially with 3 hours of batteri on screen and semi performance on the graficks for 2000 dollar. I can get the i7 8gb 256 gb ssd and 970 gtx for aprox 1100.- as normal laptop, i know i cant take the 3 hour screen of, but kinda think its a sacrifise i wanna make, the real power vs something inbetween.
Just my oppion, and plz correct me if iam wrong.
Iam here cause i love the sp, the one thing that can make me buy a microsoft product, think ill have to wait for the sp5 though or 6, well at that time it will be swimming with differnt brands doing 2in1 so who knows, lets see in about 5 month time what the sp5 brings to the game.