What's new

Surface Pro 5 Discussion

Yillbs

1: the sb screen doesnt need more power then 3 hours ?:) what rubbish is that, where you got that idea from, that it doesnt need more? Whats the purpose of it, what can you do with it for 3 hours which would satisfi you?whatch a long movie and its dead, so not much, so you bring the dock, but then we are back at being a normal laptop, with semi grafick

2: Thought a sp was a 2in1 (tablet with laptop abillity) also thought the sb was a semi 2in1 (laptop with tablet abillity)
Kinda thought i was the right place:)

If i could chose the screen size of the sb for a sp, i would ofc(ofc it needs more then 3hour batteri), i want a tablet and not a laptop as the sb is in my oppion, havnt study the sb much, but its not coming with a geforce 970 gtx or that type of power so dont see any use of it at all especially with 3 hours of batteri on screen and semi performance on the graficks for 2000 dollar. I can get the i7 8gb 256 gb ssd and 970 gtx for aprox 1100.- as normal laptop, i know i cant take the 3 hour screen of, but kinda think its a sacrifise i wanna make, the real power vs something inbetween.
Just my oppion, and plz correct me if iam wrong.
Iam here cause i love the sp, the one thing that can make me buy a microsoft product, think ill have to wait for the sp5 though or 6, well at that time it will be swimming with differnt brands doing 2in1 so who knows, lets see in about 5 month time what the sp5 brings to the game.

Their already are lots of 2-in-1's, the surface book doesn't need more than 3 hours because it's that's what it is. If the surface book had more than three hours... it would just be a Surface pro with a mediocre keyboard, that's not the purpose of the unit. The purpose is to get work done, and when you want to get up and sit on the couch then that's what you do. You pull off the screen, have a seat, and take your work with you. If you want a TABLET then get a tablet, not a laptop that's also a tablet. The surface pro line doesn't have much better battery than 3 - 4 hours as it is, so yes, the surface book giving you THREE ACTUAL hours of usage, with another 6 in the dock is amazing. I'm not sure how the SP4 is any better when it gets the exact same battery life, yet has no docking with more power.

If you want a tablet, and not a laptop, then you want a sreen in the tablet arena, which will be less than 13.5 inches, rarely even that large. The only way you'll get that is a device that flips over, like the yoga line, or the dell 7000 series, or the HP 360 series, etc.

MadGizmoO

Yillbs said:
I'm having a hard time reading your posts. Your english is good, but your spelling is that of a 10 year old. Please use auto correct if possible, to make things a bit easier, for everyone.

The bezels are actually quite small compared to others. Check out the lenovo 2-in-1's, and you compared it to the XPS series earlier, you can't do that. You can compare it to the XPS 12 , which also has an infinity edge display, and it's a tablet at heart. However, it has a less than brighter display than the SP4, and it's got a CORE M CPU. Additionally, it only has the infinity edge display on the site bezels, and not the top and bottom. you seem to think a full device with infinity edge displays all around would be nice. think again, where exactly do you plan to put that thumb of yours? You can't do that on a device with little to no bezels because it's going to touch the screen, and activate on screen gestures within windows 10.
Yes sorry for the bad spelling, on mobile phone and cant use any auto correting. Your right, you need to hold somewhere but it can get better. And i checked all other 2in1's, its not of interrest. Sp is, and this is what i whish for in the sp future.

Yillbs

Yes sorry for the bad spelling, on mobile phone and cant use any auto correting. Your right, you need to hold somewhere but it can get better. And i checked all other 2in1's, its not of interrest. Sp is, and this is what i whish for in the sp future.
What do you mean it can get better? If their is nowhere to hold, then there is nowhere to hold. Where will you hold the device exactly ? Have you used a device without bezels , such as the new XPS 12 from dell ? Until you've tried it, it's kind of hard to " want it " .

MadGizmoO

I kinda whished the sb to be a "sp" and then connect it to real gpower, well i whish for future sp that it will have thunderbolt ports so i dont need the dock. Surely dont hope people only get 4hours on their sp4 on normal use, but guess thats why iam waiting for sp5 or 6.

MadGizmoO

What do you mean it can get better? If their is nowhere to hold, then there is nowhere to hold. Where will you hold the device exactly ? Have you used a device without bezels , such as the new XPS 12 from dell ? Until you've tried it, it's kind of hard to " want it " .
No havnt tried, and see your point but sure hate those besels, cant they do something like palm rejections, just with thumb rejection

Yillbs

I kinda whished the sb to be a "sp" and then connect it to real gpower, well i whish for future sp that it will have thunderbolt ports so i dont need the dock. Surely dont hope people only get 4hours on their sp4 on normal use, but guess thats why iam waiting for sp5 or 6.

The SB isn't an SP though, that's why the SP exists. What do you mean connect it to REAL power ? The SB has enough power to last a solid 8 hours with pretty nominal usage. What does thunderbolt ports have to do with needing a dock? You don't need a dock now, I connect to my screen without a dock just fine. Everyone gets about 4 hours of use on the SP, it's a 38watt hour battery, not sure what they expected. The SP5 isn't going to lower the bezels any more than they are, their is no where to hold the device, as I said previously. ADding a thunderbolt port can be expected, but with so few accessories available, it's not very practical.

Yillbs

No havnt tried, and see your point but sure hate those besels, cant they do something like palm rejections, just with thumb rejection

No, they can't, the system would have no way to determine if the thumb is a finger trying to be used or not. The only way I can see that happening, is if their was a safe zone of about an inch on either size, or half an inch, that was screen, but not touchable, butt that would be very impractical as well. Their is no way to remove a hardware limitation that exists because it's a limitation, new tech, or new " ideas " won't remove the fact that you need somewhere to put your thumb when holding the device, that's a fact. unfortunately, what you want, and what can be done are two very different things. What you're asking for sounds like a fairy tale.

MadGizmoO

The SB isn't an SP though, that's why the SP exists. What do you mean connect it to REAL power ? The SB has enough power to last a solid 8 hours with pretty nominal usage. What does thunderbolt ports have to do with needing a dock? You don't need a dock now, I connect to my screen without a dock just fine. Everyone gets about 4 hours of use on the SP, it's a 38watt hour battery, not sure what they expected. The SP5 isn't going to lower the bezels any more than they are, their is no where to hold the device, as I said previously. ADding a thunderbolt port can be expected, but with so few accessories available, it's not very practical.
When i write power i mean gcard power, and regarding the thunderbolt is for the sp so i dont need to dream of a sb with the gpower i want

MadGizmoO

[QUOTE="Yillbs, post: 156919, member: 24405ho, they can't, the system would have no way to determine if the thumb is a finger trying to be used or not. The only way I can see that happening, is if their was a safe zone of about an inch on either size, or half an inch, that was screen, but not touchable, butt that would be very impractical as well. Their is no way to remove a hardware limitation that exists because it's a limitation, new tech, or new " ideas " won't remove the fact that you need somewhere to put your thumb when holding the device, that's a fact. unfortunately, what you want, and what can be done are two very different things. What you're asking for sounds like a fairy tale.[/QUOTE]
Yes perhaps but its also in the context of what i dream for in a sp5

Yillbs

[QUOTE="Yillbs, post: 156919, member: 24405ho, they can't, the system would have no way to determine if the thumb is a finger trying to be used or not. The only way I can see that happening, is if their was a safe zone of about an inch on either size, or half an inch, that was screen, but not touchable, butt that would be very impractical as well. Their is no way to remove a hardware limitation that exists because it's a limitation, new tech, or new " ideas " won't remove the fact that you need somewhere to put your thumb when holding the device, that's a fact. unfortunately, what you want, and what can be done are two very different things. What you're asking for sounds like a fairy tale.
Yes perhaps but its also in the context of what i dream for in a sp5[/QUOTE]

Yes, dreaming is allowed, but it's still not logical dreaming. Why would you want to not be abel to use a device you dream of? Furthermore, what is the purpose of the external graphics card, they are over priced, and if you want a gaming center device.... go buy one ? lol.. anyways, keep up the dreaming!

MadGizmoO

Got a big clumsy gaming pc setup i whish i could swap with a sp and have my gtx970 docked in a small thunderbolt kabinet, and yes its pricy but again we are talking about the sp line, everything is pricypricy

MadGizmoO

What do you mean it can get better? If their is nowhere 1to hold, then there is nowhere to hold. Where will you hold the device exactly ? Have you used a device without bezels , such as the new XPS 12 from dell ? Until you've tried it, it's kind of hard to " want it " .
Btw it seems its up for discussion with the besels, huawei bookmate is being launched with 0.4 inch (1 cm) besels, i recall them being almost double on sp3 ? So it seems it can be done.