What's new

surface pro 64 for $287!

gangolfus

It is frustrating that Microsoft is actively tanking the value of these devices. A $900 device being sold for less than 1/3 of that merely 13 months later is depressing. While I have no intention of selling in the immediate future, it sucks that when the time does come I'll probably have to just throw the thing out rather than sell since it will have essentially $0 resale value. When upgrading devices, I generally sell my old device to partially offset the cost of the new device. If Microsoft kills that opportunity I will certainly think twice about buying another one of their products. Not even cars lose their value this fast! :mad:

OP
S

skellington

I hear you....buy Apple if you want resale value. :)

Seriously, I only bought the SP1/128 because it was $449 and I expect it to be worth 0 in a few years, but it will have been a nice tablet for all that time so there's that...

kundas1

I see Surfaces for sale on Kijiji for good resale prices and haven't really dropped to low...esp the 128GB pro's

CrippsCorner

I don't spend too much worrying about this, I just enjoy the device! It was totally worth it at the time, so I have no reason to feel bad really :)

TunaSurface

Just bought a Surface pro 128GB for 600$.
Got a touch cover and a year of office with it.
I played with it for a week until i noticed the video out- port was broken,
it's been 2 weeks now and they haven't sent a new one. They really take their time.
Anyway I hope I'll get one soon, it was a fun machine to play with.