What's new

Surface Pro camera problem

randy2688

I am having the same problem
My camera appears to be functional; however when I touch the screen to take a photo I get the following message:
"something went wrong while taking this photo"
I get this message using the camera and video option. Any ideas????

ArnoldC

1. photos taken by the built-in camera is saved in a folder Camera Roll
2. you must have a default save location
3. go to Manage Libraries to check the default save location
4. if it *seems* correct, but still won't save, remove the default save location and add it again

Last edited:

Atthisaddress

My camera appears to be functional; however when I touch the screen to take a photo I get the following message:
"something went wrong while taking this photo"
I get this message using the camera and video option. Any ideas????

Try this: Open the Library in Desktop. On the left side, right click on Libraries, select Restore default libraries. If that doesn't work, try right clicking on the Pictures and Videos folders, go to Properties, in the lower right corner select Restore defaults, then select Apply. If that doesn't work delete the Picture and Video folders, then create new ones with the same names, go to Properties, in the lower right corner select Restore defaults, then select Apply.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a new Surface Pro 3 in November and a few days ago I realised the front camera isn't working! It used to work fine, but now whenever I open it, the screen is black, like something is covering the camera (it's not). The buttons to flip the camera, to look through pictures and everything still appear, and the back camera still works fine. Any advice?
Best advice I have is to open a new thread in the Surface Pro 3 forum. This is an old one in the Surface Pro forum from 2013.
Example headline: Surface Pro 3 camera problem
Copy and paste the text from above.

I think you will get better response that way.