What's new

Surface Pro - Marvell AVASTAR 350N wifi speed?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I know Hanford, CA isn't a huge place (used to live in Modesto) but have you done a site survey to see if there is other AP's crowding your signal? I use insider for my Site Surveys.

CrippsCorner

Jeff, I have a question. I just purchased the Nighthawk router the other day, but I'm experiencing ups and downs on signal strength on my Surface Pro 2. It goes from 3 bars to 4 and then back to 3. Do you know of anything that I can change on the router to stop the variations. Thanks
Mine jumps constantly from 2-3-4 bars! The speed never actually changes though.

revmike

Well it truly is a small world, Hanford has grown, don't know when you were in Modesto, Hanford is up to 60,000+. Yes I used inssider which showed the other networks in my area, it suggested that I change to channel 11, which I did. It still changes, but the frequency has lessen. So I've resolved to live with it. Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well it truly is a small world, Hanford has grown, don't know when you were in Modesto, Hanford is up to 60,000+. Yes I used inssider which showed the other networks in my area, it suggested that I change to channel 11, which I did. It still changes, but the frequency has lessen. So I've resolved to live with it. Thanks for the assistance.
I was the Associate Pastor at American Baptist Church from 1992 through 1996, I also worked for Central Valley Youth for Christ as the Director of Schools Ministry during the same time. I met and married my Wife in Modesto, we left in 1997.

I'm glad it is working now....

revmike

I added an Amped Wireless High Power 1000 mW WiFi signal booster to my netgear nighthawk router. I now get 5 bars, where I used to receive 3.

Search tags for this page
avastar 350n
marvel avastar 350n
marvell avastar

marvell avastar 350n

marvell avastar 350n driver
marvell avastar 350n driver surface pro
marvell avastar 350n surface pro
marvell avastar wireless-n microsoft surface
surface pro wifi speed
surface pro wireless speed

Members online