The keyboard and touchpad do not work.
- The “Surface Type Filter Device” driver is missing from the Keyboard folder on Device Manager
- I have reinstalled windows
- I have cleaned the connections -on the computer and the keyboard
- I unhooked it then then attached it and repeated it…
- I have rebooted it (hard and soft) but nothing seems to work.
- I have also done a system reinstall via the Recovery Image. Still nothing.
- I deleted the keyboard from the Device Manager – it reinstalled again but again without the “Surface Type Filter Device”
- The keyboard is not damaged and was working fine up to yesterday.
- I tried to my keyboard on my friend’s Surface Pro 4 – it worked fine
- His Surface Pro keyboard works – but not attached to my computer
- I attached a USB Keyboard - it works