What's new

Taskbar jumps to the middle of the screen

Rollotamassi

Hello all,

When I have my surface docked (connected to 2 external monitors) and I view a video or GIF in a web browser the taskbar will suddenly jump to the middle of the screen. I have found that by stopping and restarting explorer.exe it fixes the problem. I wrote a script and pout it on the desktop so I can do this quickly but it's still pretty annoying. I'm hoping someone here has a permanent fix. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

bluegrass

That is about the most strange problem I have ever heard of. Does it do it in all browsers. If you minimize the browser window when this happens, does the rest of the desktop look normal?

To be honest I was staying away from Edge because of all the with it that were reported on this forum,, but the past few weeks I have changed my mind and have started using Edge as my daily browser. It's fast and seems to work fine for me. If a site doesn't like it than I'll switch back to IE11. The first thing I did though was to change choose the black configuration and set Google as the home screen. A dark background with light text is so much easier on my eyes and easier to read.

OP
R

Rollotamassi

It does it in all browsers. Closing the windows or browser doesn't change it in anyway. It's stuck until I stop and restart explorer.exe Attached screen shot is from the two external monitors. The task bar is gone totally from monitor 3, jumps up on monitor 2 and is normal on screen one which is the surface. It's super strange.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 454

bluegrass

Maybe there is something with the way the monitors are able to handle the video for some crazy reason since it doesn't do it on the Surface. I would try changing the monitors resolution or swapping the two monitors to see if does the same thing. It's pretty wild but I don't think it something that Microsoft support is going to want to wrap their hands around.