What's new

Took my SP3 out of the country last week.

kristalsoldier

Used in UK, USA, India (Mumbai), Sao Paulo (Brazil) so far, no connection issues. Initial suggestion is go into hardware manger, remove the drivers for the WiFi and re-install see how that goes. Some folks have had success.

Same here. I used my SP3 in the UK (home), Canada, multiple location in the EU, India (multiple locations) and the Middle East with no problems. All this with the last three months (well, Canada is where I bought the SP3 though). My connections included hotel, airport, public places wifi connections and tethering with my phone. All without a hitch. No special or extra configurations - all stock.

nato

Are there any public Wifi access points in your area that you can try and connect to? You don't have any proxy settings set in your browser do you?

I have moved back to NZ and it connected without any problem and then a couple of days ago i couldn't connect and realized maybe it was the last update so i did a system restore and it is fine now

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Same here. I used my SP3 in the UK (home), Canada, multiple location in the EU, India (multiple locations) and the Middle East with no problems. All this with the last three months (well, Canada is where I bought the SP3 though). My connections included hotel, airport, public places wifi connections and tethering with my phone. All without a hitch. No special or extra configurations - all stock.
Not saying this is the OP's issue, but on the systems that I've troubleshoot for people, I would say 90% of the issues have been on the machines that were hacked to unlock legacy power management, enabled Hyper-V or are using non-standard Firmware on their Routers.

I do believe that most of the issues on Stock Configured Machines have been fixed.

wditters

No issues here on trips to Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Malaysia, India, USA, UK ... 100% success rate

bummer ,everyone's seems to work except for mine. I haven't tweaked power management in any way, nor is Hyper-V enabled.

Will do some local traveling this weekend to do some comparisons -- to find if it works anywhere except home :)

The only thing I can think of that is remotely networking related is that I installed Virtual Box (which installs its own networking driver, which I had disabled for my out-of-town-trip), and OpenVPN, which I use to connect to the office..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I can think of that is remotely networking related is that I installed Virtual Box (which installs its own networking driver, which I had disabled for my out-of-town-trip), and OpenVPN, which I use to connect to the office..
VirtualBox's VSwitch has wreaked havoc on any SP3 that has it installed and depending on the OpenVPN configuration it can cause issues as well....

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
My SP3 has been with me to China, Jamaica, Singapore, Paris, Frankfurt, with no connection issues. We've got to get you remedied, Michael. One of these SP3's is not like the others.