What's new

TouchMe Gesture Studio

FlySwatter

Some kind of explanation would be welcome. What's for? How do you use it?
Indeed. Actually, he posted the same link in this thread...

(Volume Keyboard Shortcut) http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/volume-keyboard-shortcut.10272/

...and it was welcomed as a solution. Apparently, it lets you assign touch screen gestures to various functions. It would probably have been better to post this in the Tips and Tricks thread with an explanation to prevent this very discussion ;)

Edit, since I've put my 2 cents in, I'll note that the product description notes it does not include the gesture engine itself which it requires, but instead a link to it, which is a free trial for 32 days, and afterwards can be purchased or continue to use free for up to three gestures.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I rarely just try out an app on a cold recommendation - but I say buy this app. Or give it a try for 32 days, then buy this app. Cost after 32 days is $4.99

The app allows you to customize your own gestures for the Tablet device. There are built-in gestures already set up, which can be enabled by just pressing a "copycat" button. I use those, and added a few more.

I am now using gestures like 5-finger pinch to jump to the Start Screen, 5-finger spread to jump to the Desktop, 2-finger swipe up to start the keyboard, 2-finger swipe down to close the keyboard, 4-finger swipe left to lower volume, 4-finger swipe right to raise the volume, 3-finger pinch to lower brightness, 3-finger spread to raise brightness, saves to all your devices if you wish (via OneDrive), and... oh, well...

Just buy this app.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I want to know is... does it understand Baseball gestures ??? if I touch my nose then my chin then my ear and swipe my forehead ... what can it do? :)

ybahman

Okay, I rarely just try out an app on a cold recommendation - but I say buy this app. Or give it a try for 32 days, then buy this app. Cost after 32 days is $4.99

The app allows you to customize your own gestures for the Tablet device. There are built-in gestures already set up, which can be enabled by just pressing a "copycat" button. I use those, and added a few more.

I am now using gestures like 5-finger pinch to jump to the Start Screen, 5-finger spread to jump to the Desktop, 2-finger swipe up to start the keyboard, 2-finger swipe down to close the keyboard, 4-finger swipe left to lower volume, 4-finger swipe right to raise the volume, 3-finger pinch to lower brightness, 3-finger spread to raise brightness, saves to all your devices if you wish (via OneDrive), and... oh, well...

Just buy this app.
this is one of the greatest things i've read all month =]

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Would rather the app not have "WTF" as the label for help. Not family-friendly, business-friendly, school-friendly, or marketable worldwide. May be removing it from my machine. :(

Last edited:

Liam2349

I'm using this app now and it's really awesome.

I'm using most of the default gestures but I've added 4 finger tap left and right to show battery percentage, something I always had to switch to the desktop to see. It's really handy!

I also really like 3 finger swipe to grab windows and move them about, 4 finger swipe up and down to close and open tabs, and 2 finger tip tap left and right to navigate tabs.

Seriously, check it out!