What's new

TouchPad Backward/Forward Navigation Not Working

H1rshel

Hello all,

I have a problem with my SB2 13.5 core i5 7th Gen. The TouchPad gestures working completely fine, all but the backward and forward navigation. I tried to assign backward navigation for swipe three fingers left and forward for swipe right.
I manually updated the touch firmware from Device Manager, still not working. Anu idea how to solve this?

Thank you.

sharpuser

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, @H1rshel

I just took a look at the options for three finger gestures on the touchpad. The only options are to switch apps switch desktops, or change audio and volume. No option for navigating in a browser.

touchpad_three.png

sharpuser

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay. In "Advanced gesture configuration" I have chosen navigation as shown for three fingers.

Works perfectly for me in Edge (Version 83.0.478.37 Official build 64-bit) and Chrome (Version 83.0.4103.61 Official Build 64-bit). Tested on both of my Surface Book 2 units (15 inch) with Windows 10 Pro Version 2004.

My "Precise Touch Device" driver is 1.2.0.100 11/10/2017.

touchpad.png

OP
H

H1rshel

It works perfectly fine with my Surface Go and other laptops, not with my Surface Book 2.

sharpuser

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about removing the device and driver using "Device Manager", then rebooting. Could be corrupted or confused, and this will bring in a fresh copy.

Search tags for this page

forward navigation not working in windows touchpad gesture

Staff online

Members online