What's new

touchscreen stopped working on upper half of screen

Behzat

Hi,
I`m using a surface pro 3,
Yesterday everthing was ok but today half of the screen does not work with touch. No problem with the stylus or the touchpad moues are on the cover. They work fine. But when you for instance try to scroll woth your finger, on the upper half of the screen it doesnt realize your hand but on the lower half there is no problem.
I am really so unhappy about this. Tried to do everthing explained on microsoft web site about troubleshooting this but none of them helped. Used recovery to turn to previous date but nope, the problem remains.
Hope anyone can help.
Regards

surfdock

Hi Behzat, is either one of the hinges for the flipstand making a clicking noise too? I heard of one report where one hinge broke and at the same time, one region of the touch screen stopped working.

I believe the n-trig touch controller is in three separate regions. If one of the wires to one of the regions has gone bad, then that would result in just that region going bad. If the unit hasn't been dropped or anything like that, I would take it back to the store for warranty work.

I don't think this is a common problem. The hardware is very robust on the whole, but with millions of units out there, a few are bound to have issues. Goto your retailer or the MS store and they'll make it right.