What's new

Touch not working on upper left side of screen

Kris

The upper left portion on my screen barely works when using pen and sometimes not at all when trying to using my finger. On the desktop if I try and drag an icon, with my finger, from the right side to the Recycle Bin, it seems to hit an invisible barrier. The pen is able to do it 99.9% no issue. I tried calibrating it but no help. Is there anything else I could try? I really don't want to return another SP3 to best buy, this would be my third one and I am just about to give up on owning one. I love this device but between getting defective units and all the bugs I don't know if its worth it. I have heard people talking about the SP4 coming out December...

Liam2349

Try to reset the calibration, then see if it works.

Try scanning for viruses if it's still faulty.

If that doesn't help, refresh Windows.

If it's still not good, you will probably need to return it.

OP
K

Kris

I reset calibration before I calibrated it, also reset it after . Scanned for virus and malware, used avast and spybot

Liam2349

I reset calibration before I calibrated it, also reset it after . Scanned for virus and malware, used avast and spybot

Then I recommend a refresh. This keeps your files and metro software, but you will have to redo some settings and reinstall desktop software. It only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to refresh, but took me 90 minutes total to get my SP3 back to how it was, minus the issues I refreshed for of course.

OP
K

Kris

I refreshed and it didn't occurred again till I starting using the SP3 heavily. Rebooting seems to take care of the issue. Further testing I found the more I use it the more the touch interface started messing up. So everything works fine as long as I reboot occasionally. Very odd issue...

malberttoo

I refreshed and it didn't occurred again till I starting using the SP3 heavily. Rebooting seems to take care of the issue. Further testing I found the more I use it the more the touch interface started messing up. So everything works fine as long as I reboot occasionally. Very odd issue...

If you refreshed it, and you're still having the problem, then is sounds like it can only be a hardware problem.