What's new

turns on in bag during sleep??

tony8154

I can't seem to figure out why it does this.

I put it to sleep, then stare at it for a few seconds to make sure that it won't turn back on.

Then I put in my bag, go somewhere, pull it out, and it's burning hot with the screen on.

I travel with it in a sleeve and made sure that the keyboard moving around won't affect it, so in power settings I have it so that it won't turn the screen off or on when I close the lid (type cover)

Any suggestions?

leeshor

Several people have had that same problem. Try putting it in the bag upside down from the way you normally do, or find a different bag, with more room.

It might be that something capacitive is rubbing on the windows button, waking the sp3 up. I suggest to try putting electrical tape on top of it and see if surface will wake up again.

OP
T

tony8154

Several people have had that same problem. Try putting it in the bag upside down from the way you normally do, or find a different bag, with more room.

I've been putting it in my bag pen side up, because i have noticed the pen and surface rub and scratch each other to the point where I'd have residue on the type cover. I'm not sure how a bigger bag helps?

It might be that something capacitive is rubbing on the windows button, waking the sp3 up. I suggest to try putting electrical tape on top of it and see if surface will wake up again.
Hmm. Interesting. I'll deactivate it and see how that changes.

ScottyS

I used to have this problem sometimes, finding it on and hot in the bag, and it is not from the button getting pressed. That stopped sometime ago, I assume an update fixed it.
But what I sometimes get now is even weirder. I shut it down (I use Start/Power/Shut Down and have Fast Shutdown set on), take it to work (in bag power button up, bag open with upper edge with power button up and it sticks up to top of bag so I am sure nothing pushes on the button) and when I get to work and press power button and it comes on instantly to login screen. In other words it has booted itself and it is asleep at logon screen waiting for my password.

I've had it do this just lying on a desk too, so it is not the power button getting pushed.

ramiss

Connected devices are one of the main culprits for waking up a Windows machine. If you have anything bluetooth/usb (pen, mouse etc) they could be waking it up. A mouse especially will keep it awake.

Other than that it could be software related.