What's new

SP3 turning on too easily in cover/case

Aegeas

I use an OGIO bag and just make sure to put the power button up. I have never had an issue with my SP3 being turned on while using this method, but then I've always used this method. It just makes sense that you don't fight gravity. It is, after all, the law.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use an OGIO bag and just make sure to put the power button up. I have never had an issue with my SP3 being turned on while using this method, but then I've always used this method. It just makes sense that you don't fight gravity. It is, after all, the law.
I fought the law and the law won. :)

Benjamin

Not sure if your experience is like mine.
My problem was with the (bluetooth) mouse.
If I left it turned on and if it gets moved even slightly, that triggers the SP3 to wake up.
Similarly too, even if I had turned off the SP3, close the cover and then I pull the power plug, that pulling of power plug turned the SP3 on.
So nowadays, my packing protocol is:
>> slide the pen into the thingy.
>> Turn off the mouse
>> pull the power
>> close the cover and hit the off switch on the SP3.

bluegrass

I recommend everything you said but I prefer to use the icon at the top right and do a shutdown as I'm never sure if pushing the power off button put it to sleep or actually shut it down. I know it's shut down when I use the shutdown icon.

kundas1

Not sure if your experience is like mine.
My problem was with the (bluetooth) mouse.
If I left it turned on and if it gets moved even slightly, that triggers the SP3 to wake up.
Similarly too, even if I had turned off the SP3, close the cover and then I pull the power plug, that pulling of power plug turned the SP3 on.
So nowadays, my packing protocol is:
>> slide the pen into the thingy.
>> Turn off the mouse
>> pull the power
>> close the cover and hit the off switch on the SP3.

uuummm on your last one, if you close the lid then (which sleeps the SP3) press the off button, you will be in fact turning it back on... I've done that a couple of times in the beginning and I realized I was turning it back on lol

Stockholmstar

Happens to me too in my Waterfield smart sleeve. The smart sleeve is intended for MBA but fits the SP3 perfectly. The fit is so snug it always presses the button. Had to cut a slit for it.