What's new

Unable to remove "tablet"..."low batt

mikecox

I can't remove the "tablet" on my SB because of "Tablet Battery is low" and it's "not charging"!

I leave my SB plugged in all the time and I've only had the tablet off once, months ago. Am I SOL or is there anything I can do, short of turning my SB in and paying the $599. replacement fee?

Wayne Orwig

I would first suspect a poor connection. I would 'wiggle' the keyboard to tablet connection as much as I could and tried to get it to connect better, and hope is charged.

OP
mikecox

mikecox

Thanks for that suggestion.

The tablet has a very tight fit and doesn't "wiggle", but I did push, tug, tug, and even bang but the battery info reports "fully charged" with the tablet indicates "0% and not charging". \\I'm beginning to fear the worse! Fortunately is only the table, which I can live without, if necessary.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is best to make sure that you run the batteries down below 10% at least once a month. Run the base battery down and then plug it back in...

OP
mikecox

mikecox

It is best to make sure that you run the batteries down below 10% at least once a month. Run the base battery down and then plug it back in...
Thanks, I've always wondered it there was a downside to keeping my SB plugged in all the time. I'll try doing that.

OP
mikecox

mikecox

Have you tried one of the battery monitoring apps to see what it shows about the tablet battery capacity?
No, but I'm using a device that is running Windows, not a phone. I found a listing for a MS app but the download option was greyed out, apparently not compatible with the OS.

What app are you using on your SB?

Wayne Orwig

No, but I'm using a device that is running Windows, not a phone. I found a listing for a MS app but the download option was greyed out, apparently not compatible with the OS.

What app are you using on your SB?

I have "Battery X" from the store on my SP3 and my SB. But I do not recall if it has info on both batteries in the SB. (I am not near it right now)
But there are a couple of non-store apps that are actually better.

BatteryInfoView - View battery information on laptops / netbooks

OP
mikecox

mikecox

I have "Battery X" from the store on my SP3 and my SB. But I do not recall if it has info on both batteries in the SB. (I am not near it right now)
But there are a couple of non-store apps that are actually better.

BatteryInfoView - View battery information on laptops / netbooks
I would like to DL this utility but I don't want to get a raft of crapwear or get loaded down with browser or email add-ons which seem to be about to happen whenever I click that BIG green "Download Now" button which always seems to lead one down a primrose path of unwanted options. Whatever happened to the straight up download option, with no hidden tricks.