What's new

Using the Pro 3 to scan documents.

ptrkhh

Since I have an Eye-Fi device (even though I'm not using it with my current setup) I've got this working with my Android (Galaxy Note 4) and my SP3. I have installed the Android Eye-Fi app on my Note 4 and Eye-Fi Center on my SP3. Whenever I take a picture with my phone (as long as my phone & SP3 are on the same WiFi network), the picture gets automatically transferred from my phone to my SP3.

I think you may need a registered Eye-Fi card to get this to work, but I may be mistaken.

Another option is to sync your phone's pictures with a cloud service that also syncs with your SP3. This solution might take a few minutes for a sync to complete and the pictures to get to your SP3.

Good luck,
Rich
I know such solutions exist, but I expect that the phone's camera can hook deeply into Windows, so that any app can capture everything the phone's camera captures. In OneNote, for example, I want to be able to easily "Insert Picture from Camera", but instead of using SP3's internal camera, it automatically connect to the phone's camera.

daniielrp

I know such solutions exist, but I expect that the phone's camera can hook deeply into Windows, so that any app can capture everything the phone's camera captures. In OneNote, for example, I want to be able to easily "Insert Picture from Camera", but instead of using SP3's internal camera, it automatically connect to the phone's camera.

Surely it's easier just to make the note using OneNote on the phone?