What's new

Waiting for SP3...

liquidphantom

I ordered mine a i5/128gb unit from PC World last weekend a decision I'm already regretting as I've still no tracking details. Might visit John Lewis over the weekend and if they have one in stock get it there and return the PCW one to them when it arrives.

Disappointing :(

Just got off the phone to PC World. They are sat on a pallet for standard 3-5 day delivery so you will be very very lucky if you see it this week.

So angry as I was told by them I would get it today and cancelled my order at MS. Only bonus is the £100 cash back in months time.

Liam2349

Probably just misdetected the first time due to a spurious signal from a passing Bluetooth enabled spy satellite. :D or drone :)

Damned NSA!

I'm pretty happy with my i5/256 so far though. Seems to be working as intended, but the first angle on the kickstand is a bit floppier than my SP2 - not worth risking an exchange for. As long as the battery is fine I'll be very happy with this.

It's so light, I didn't understand how light until I picked it up. It's really amazing, it's like a feather. Love the Surface branding on the back of the cover too!

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got mine out of the box and held it in my hand...I refrained from taking off the plastic. Must say it does feel gorgeous and perfect holding in one hand. Not cumbersome at all.... Need some time to play.

theblueantilope

Looks like some of you have had more luck than me.

Scheduled Delivery: Thursday, 08/28/2014, By End of Day

Shipment progress:
8/28/2014 6.21 A.M Your package is being held for payment of duty and tax / Your package was released by the clearing agency
Oslo, Norway 8/28/2014 1:41 A.M. Your package is being held for payment of duty and tax
Netherlands 8/27/2014 9:02 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS.

Spoke to UPS, the haven't got the package yet. No Surface today.

rege0039

Fellow UK people ! Glad you are now getting your SP3.

I couldn't wait and got an excellent deal on an ebay one so had mine for a few weeks.

However I notice some of you seemed to have also pre-ordered the DuraGadget bag from Amazon UK, which I was pondering but wanted someone who actually put an SP3 in it to tell me how the fits works, especially with the keyboard.

Irony is I have my SP3 but don't have my matching keyboard as I wanted to wait for a UK one, mine has arrived today but I am in France until Saturday and then have to find the UPS depot to go nada pick it up !

Had weeks on the SP3 and I really like it, as a consumer/business/gamer user.

Some good apps to look at are

One Calendar
Today

Have fun !

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gosh I so want to play....
WP_20140828_13_14_31_Pro.jpg

I bought a MetricUSA sleeve, it's got a pouch on the front for the pen.... obviously haven't used it yet so don't know how good it is..

malberttoo

IT'S HERE!!

Problem is I'm at work... the two boxes are under my desk in a bag teasing me... I'm going to have to go out to the car to open them up at lunchtime... as I can't really do it here in an open plan office as it's not work related!!

But at least it came

Awesome! Very excited for you!!

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a lot of time to play last night, though I can confirm I was able to download and install Office 365 even though I had it on my desktop already, also I downloaded and installed PhotoshopCC and Lightroom 5. The fan did spin up and it got a bit warm while downloading and installing those two but it was OK straight after and went back tot silent.

I looked for up dates but there didn't seem to be any???

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please report back how easy it is to get the SP3+Keyboard in it. I'd also like to buy this sleeve.
Getting it in is fine as long as you put the loop for the pen on the long edge of the cover rather than the short edge... as it'll rip the loop off if it's put there.

Quite a good case actually.