What's new

Waiting for SP3...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
MS Store has still just been able to produce a sticker with my name on it.
So, s***w them.. I went to a local store and got it...cheaper! :)
MS Store can have theirs back when it arrives.. :(

So much for preordering 3 months ahead!

I think it should definately be a case of pre-order and get guaranteed delivery. seems as i thought, that they're trying to get them delivered on the 28th, but it isn't guaranteed so they're having their service reps just tell everyone they'll have to wait even if it scheduled for delivery today.

cheaper is always better :)

joga

I received my SP3 and my red Type Cover a few minutes ago :)

I'm glad the delay info i received was wrong...

Flipshot

Mines out for delivery but still waiting for UPS to show up. They only have an hour until they miss the 12pm deadline.

Biscuit

I ordered mine a i5/128gb unit from PC World last weekend a decision I'm already regretting as I've still no tracking details. Might visit John Lewis over the weekend and if they have one in stock get it there and return the PCW one to them when it arrives.

Disappointing :(

Last edited:
OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
IT'S HERE!!

Problem is I'm at work... the two boxes are under my desk in a bag teasing me... I'm going to have to go out to the car to open them up at lunchtime... as I can't really do it here in an open plan office as it's not work related!!

But at least it came

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IT'S HERE!!

Problem is I'm at work... the two boxes are under my desk in a bag teasing me... I'm going to have to go out to the car to open them up at lunchtime... as I can't really do it here in an open plan office as it's not work related!!

But at least it came
Raucous cheering ensues ... banners flying, parades with marching bands... its party time . :D

Liam2349

Got mine a bit more than an hour ago - all seems fine except I can't get the pen to work with the one click to open OneNote. Anyone know a fix?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got mine a bit more than an hour ago - all seems fine except I can't get the pen to work with the one click to open OneNote. Anyone know a fix?
Did you pair the pen?

The Pen may not be paired, or may it may need to be removed from the Bluetooth list and paired again.
Step 1:
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and tap or click Settings.
Step 2:
Tap or click Change PC settings, and tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
If Surface Pen appears in the list of discovered devices, tap or click it and then tap or click Remove device.
Step 3:
Hold down the top button for seven seconds, until the light in the middle of the pen clip starts to flash.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...-and-search/troubleshoot-surface-pen#penshows

Liam2349

Did you pair the pen?

The Pen may not be paired, or may it may need to be removed from the Bluetooth list and paired again.
Step 1:
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and tap or click Settings.
Step 2:
Tap or click Change PC settings, and tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
If Surface Pen appears in the list of discovered devices, tap or click it and then tap or click Remove device.
Step 3:
Hold down the top button for seven seconds, until the light in the middle of the pen clip starts to flash.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/touch-mouse-and-search/troubleshoot-surface-pen#penshows

It's paired, but it says "driver error" next to it.

Actually in Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, there is a device called Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device, and in its properties it says it cannot start. The software for this device is up to date.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok I removed it in bluetooth settings, re-paired it and it works fine. The thing in device manager also sorted itself out.
Probably just misdetected the first time due to a spurious signal from a passing Bluetooth enabled spy satellite. :D or drone :)