What's new

Waiting for SP3...

iDatus

I just watched the launch press video again. I remember watching it live and the wow moments. there still there for me.
Cant believe how quick 3 months has gone by.
I wanted to order mine thinking that the i5 early release like usa had would happen here say July but ms said no. I said who would order something 3 months in advance, not knowing discounts or offers that may come at launch. anyway 3 reasons i'm glad I didn't order mine from MS
1). there is a discount of £100 at pcworld. not MS, I did call but no offers.
2). I can actually see it and check what colour kb and spec I want on the day.
3). any issues I can take it back to store.
If there was a MS Store say London, Birmingham and Manchester they do so well and I would go there and support them. Heres to hurry the Fk up and open some stores already! :)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just watched the launch press video again. I remember watching it live and the wow moments. there still there for me.
Cant believe how quick 3 months has gone by.
I wanted to order mine thinking that the i5 early release like usa had would happen here say July but ms said no. I said who would order something 3 months in advance, not knowing discounts or offers that may come at launch. anyway 3 reasons i'm glad I didn't order mine from MS
1). there is a discount of £100 at pcworld. not MS, I did call but no offers.
2). I can actually see it and check what colour kb and spec I want on the day.
3). any issues I can take it back to store.
If there was a MS Store say London, Birmingham and Manchester they do so well and I would go there and support them. Heres to hurry the Fk up and open some stores already! :)

Agreed. It seems silly that they don't even have a store in London, yet it seems in the USA everyone and their cousin lives within an hour of one. However i have to say, there is no risk when pre-ordering. If i had pre-ordered in june (for this argument, i do not qualify for student discount) yet upon learning that pc world are offering £100 cashback, cancelled the pre-order and gone to pcworld. I am glad i went through MS though (10% discount plus £100 cashback through quidco) mostly because i have used pc world a few time, and their after purchase service has always been diabolical for me, wheras it seems that at present, MS are doing everything in their power to make SP3 buyers happy. To PC world it's just another product.

The "already shipping" bit is odd. The shipping option was 3-5 days i believe, meaning for a 28th delivery they'd all have been shipped. Most likely it stated 3-5 days should there be a emergency, but sans emergency it will just be sent out for next day delivery.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
So they said it's begun shipping, but you don't have the tracking number yet?

No I don' t but I guess not all are shipped at the same time. Hoping I'll get one either this evening or tomorrow. If I don't I will have to phone the MS store again to make sure it'll turn up this week (or cancel the order and re-order for a different delivery address which would be a right pain).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No I don' t but I guess not all are shipped at the same time. Hoping I'll get one either this evening or tomorrow. If I don't I will have to phone the MS store again to make sure it'll turn up this week (or cancel the order and re-order for a different delivery address which would be a right pain).
Hmm, perhaps once its in the shippers hands you can change delivery location. iv not tried a substantial change before but I get notices of we attempted to deliver x please let us know of delivery changes. most times I say leave it in the garage. or hold it at the office ill pickup. or leave with neighborz. not sure what you can do.. might be worth asking them a hypothetical. Like, if a package doesn't get to me by x date can I reroute it?

OWENCOBB

No tracking for me neither. But local stores have them in stock. Just not selling before tomorrow morning. :confused:

I went on to the pc world website yesterday and they have the 64gb in stock, the website allows you to reserve and pick up in a hour, great I thought I'll go pick mine up now, they tell me they have them but can release till 9am. Thursday so why allow to reserve in a hour in the first place, they confirm mine has arrived but they won't let me have it till tomorrow, very frustrating, just want to get my hands on it, will need to change the keyboard though the dark blue I ordered has not arrived, they only have black or purple, not sure whether to change or stick to what I ordered, they can't confirm when they are due in, decisions decisions

What is interesting is if you go on to the microsoft store to pre order the 64gb version it says they are now out of stock and yet it's not even launched yet.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's because the stock has been claimed, AKA pre ordered.
Yes, I noticed this when I cancelled and re-ordered - I originally chose a blue typecover but when I reordered the only one available was purple! This is why I really don't want to have to cancel again.

Tatletz

I'm definitely a dead man, wife will slowly kill me for ordering a SP3/8GB/256GB. I just said-honey I will only window shop ;)