What's new

Well, the party's over :-(

wynand32

Lol, even though this is a completely natural conversation for tech enthusiasts, talking about "relationships" with a piece of technology really does seem a bit weird. :)

Cortana would disagree with you. She LOVES me. She really, really does.

Which is a good thing, because my SP3 is just cold. Cold, I tell you. No affection whatsoever. If it weren't for my Lumia...

wynand32

You need to watch this if you haven't already.

Stream-Arcade-Fires-Full-Score-for-Her-01.jpg

Not too many people know it, so shhhh... But that movie's biographical, and I'll give you one hint as to who it's really about... Rhymes with... um... "pie-nand32"...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thrill of the new toy, anticipated for years is fading. I've learned what there is to learn, tweaked what there is to tweak and complained about what there is to complain about.

The thrill of new love is past and now I'm stuck with just this awesome hybrid wonder machine. Perhaps I can put it back in the package just once more for an unboxing, maybe with candles and music this time? Maybe I should drop $200 on the dock just to have a new Surfacy thing?

Oh well, time to settle down, buy a house and pop out a few Surface Mini's.

My love affair ran out on day 2. Now it sits unused until such a time that i'm presented with a reason to use it.

kristalsoldier

Lol, even though this is a completely natural conversation for tech enthusiasts, talking about "relationships" with a piece of technology really does seem a bit weird. :)

No it doesn't! We are all complex machines...bio-chemical machines and love affairs (and subsequent/ consequent fallouts) between such machines happen all the time. We don't for a minute think this is weird - why should this be any different?

Antitoon

That's one thing Android tablets have going for them - there's always a new rom to flash, a new kernel to brick your device with, a new recovery to try out. With Windows all we get is updates. :)
Haha, true, it's exactly the way you said it! Especially the new kernel to brick the device with!

bluegrass

I love the song " the road goes on forever and the party never ends". You only have to wait until next spring and you can pick up a fresh new SP4 with the new Windows 9.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Which I WILL do, make no mistake...

My girlfriend gets all of my "old", (i.e, more than 6 months), technology when I dump it for the latest and greatest. She could care less about technology but likes the free stuff. Is she doesn't want it, onto Craigslist it goes.

I may hold out for my 13.3" Pro+ (dream machine) model though. :)