What's new

Well, this is enought, no more Surfaces for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
O

Ozozuz

Exactly, any picture taken in the dark will look like that.
I have many devices and display, and honestly, no one has this defect so strongly
As i told you bleeding It 'a characteristic of low quality devices or panels, there is nothing to say about it :/

You see, that's the point. To me it's not a big deal. My screen looks perfect to me. The boot screen scenario is something that I only find when restarting. Even watching the darkest movie the bleeding never has bothered me.
Again, the fact that this problem don't bother you means nothing about the problem itself.
For you is not a problem for me "and like me a lot of pople" means a lot.

kristalsoldier

Hi guys, I have written many times in this forum but probably this will be the last one but i would like to have your opinion.

I bought my SP3 128Gb at Italian "dayone", that if I am not mistaken it was towards the end of August and from that day I changed exactly 5 surface for many problems like overheating, yellow tint, bleeding, fan problems etc.
Meanwhile in this months I spent time and money to buy packs, packaging, petrol "because I had to be the one to bring the package to the courier", and I don't have collection points near home

I tried it with the replacement , I tried to ask for a refund and buy it back but nothing, in five months i wasn't able to have a device running w/out problems.
From my last surface replacement have been a few months, i had a exams at university and I needed to have with me a working device but now, i want my money back.
Now i have a little of free times i don't want to stay three weeks "or maybe months" without the device or with the risk risk of receiving for the SIXTH (SEVENTH?) time a defective device.

Do you thing is a legitimate request ?

Those two are my last surfaces, the last one has also heating problems.

Mh37w4cs.jpg

Cemukt7s.jpg

Hmmm...does not look too good, I'm afraid. While I am not sure if you should totally swear off the Surface line - specifically, the SP3 - certainly, a replacement to your satisfaction is indeed in order. The devices cost a lot of money and I am not even taking into account the aggravation and your time. I would press for a replacement - and a new one at that - not a refurbished one! You may try contacting the top brass in MS (won't know how to do that myself - though I did do it once with a ThinkPad that I had bought and I was not happy with a perfectly functioning keyboard. The Managing Director of the country I was living in then got in touch as did their VP of QC who was based out of China. Not only was the ThinkPad replaced, they made sure they gave me the specific type of keyboard I wanted - I wanted an NMB keyboard and not the Chicony KB that came with the device! I was super pleased when I received the package as it was accompanied by letters of apology etc. from both the MD and the VP-QC. They made me a fan of ThinkPads! In other words, you never know till you ask and sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised).

Personally, I've have been lucky with the devices that I have bought in the recent past with the exception of an Acer Aspire, but I tend to erase that experience from my memory! As far as the SP3 goes, I've had it since June 20th and have not had a single problem - yes, tons of questions, but not a single problem. So, I am tempted to say that sometimes buying electronics is simply a question of luck and nothing more. Good luck!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
As I said earlier, make your well reasoned case on Twitter, @surface. ok, you'll have to keep it short and sweet you only get 140 characters. :)

I'm on my 5th replacement and I want a refund, this device is not for me... # six just doesn't make sense who is here that can help?​

I see no point to gong for a sixth replacement it falls into the category of doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

OP
O

Ozozuz

As I said earlier, make your well reasoned case on Twitter, @surface. ok, you'll have to keep it short and sweet you only get 140 characters. :)

I'm on my 5th replacement and I want a refund, this device is not for me... # six just doesn't make sense who is here that can help?​

I see no point to gong for a sixth replacement it falls into the category of doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

Well i'm not a Twitter user but i'll try ! Thank you for your tip.

I tried many times but as a customer i'm not "allowed" to talk to someone other than the' customer support.
Another strong demonstration of the low quality service offered from.

ctitanic

Exactly. He is expecting something from the SP that it's not there. I hope he gets the refund and moves on.

OP
O

Ozozuz

Exactly. He is expecting something from the SP that it's not there. I hope he gets the refund and moves on.
What I expect is just a MINIMUM quality level in the expensive product I purchased 5 months ago.
I can expect and tolerated this in a 199€ tablet from a supermarket, not from a high end devices "even from a medium or standard one"

Btw I spoke with what looked like a young boy, he said me that normally i can ask for a refound 'only within 15 days of purchase but he noted how bad are the devices that i recived and would go to one of his superiors to ask.

Given the lack of seriousness of microsoft i have no big hope, but we might as well try.

ctitanic

Here is the thing, Quality level is a relative concept. As you can see my screen is bleeding too but I still think that my SP is a high quality product.

OP
O

Ozozuz

Here is the thing, Quality level is a relative concept. As you can see my screen is bleeding too but I still think that my SP is a high quality product.

As I said, we have clearly different standards and expectations.
I can not even trying to convince myself that a defective display "yes, because this is a defect, and you can not argue about it" can be called a high quality one :/

ctitanic

A defect is when the product does not reach for any reason what the manufacturer believes are the minimum specifications for the product. If you have tested 5 of them and many others including me have shown that the product behaves in the same way then we may have to conclude that your expectations are too high and the manufacturer was not aiming for them and in this case we are not in the presence of a defect. Basically, the product is not what you expect it to be.

OP
O

Ozozuz

Assuming that a defective display is simply bad, regardless of the fact that the defect does not bother you, and I think is a very important point to be specified, standards are not something that is decided by the manufacturer, they are marked by what the advancement of technology imposes.

If you think that the expectations of NOT receive a defective device are too high, well, you will be duped many times during times.

Status
Not open for further replies.