What's new

What antivirus for SP3?

vxm

hey!
I personally recommend Bit Defender, I've been using free version for year now on Thinkpad Yoga and after I purchased SP3 I decided to upgrade to paid version- I have no issues with it, it really is very discrete and is very light on system resources.

bluegrass

Not sure why anyone would want to use anything but Defender. It's made by the same company that makes the Surface & the OS. I also scan my computer with Malwarebytes every few weeks or if the system runs suspiciously slow.

fuzzy2651

I've never gotten a virus using the free version of AVG in the 8 years I've been using it. I think it also has something to do with me being a safe surfer as well.

I'm currently running the full version of AVG (free home licenses when I purchased the CloudCare licenses for work), and have not experienced any issues. AVG didn't work at all though when I was running Win 10 TP Build 9879. I haven't installed the latest build on my SP3, I went back to 8.1 for various reasons. AVG CloudCare does seem to be working fine on my work machine running Win 10 TP Build 9926. I do believe in layers of security, so I install Malwarebytes on every work machine along with AVG CloudCare because you just never know...

runxtc

I had the same question as my sp3 was being shipped. Only 2 kept standing out after going through tons of antivirus review sites: Bitdefender and Kaspersky. Like several others here, I ended up choosing Bitdefender (Antivirus Plus 2015) and have never regretted it. I have it set on Autopilot and I don't have to do nuthin.
http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/)[/QUOTE]

Bitdefender is in my opinion the AV joke of the century. I bought it for both PC and SP3.After installing it was like both units were joking on a rag and Bitdefender was no help. I took it off after wasting much time. The best solution I got from Bitdefender is reduced pricing every time my account flags a reminder that I was a customer.