What's new

Where does SP3 rank in your Top 3 favourite tech/gadgets?

mitchellvii

My #1 doesn't yet exist. A 13 inch 3:2 fanless Surface Pro with attached keyboard, pen and zero bezel screen weighing less than 2 lbs. I know it is sacrilege in here but I'm not a big fan of the detachable keyboard and kickstand.

#2 My SP3.
#3 My Note 4.

JohnR

Hmm, perhaps a bit too early to tell...

This is one of my favorites though, the Curta Calculator, it still amazes me :)
View attachment 5010 http://www.vcalc.net/cu.htm.

Poster:
CurtaFrame-420x313.jpg

Curta Calculator images,

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curta

I haven't quite figured out where the SP3 ranks yet. :) I'm still calculating that :D

Oh, it's said a skilled operator could operate one of these with one hand!

I'm not suggesting anything but...
Would you consider replacing your SP3 with this http://www.computerhistory.org/babbage/

kristalsoldier

For me, the parade runs like this:

1. SP3 (replacing my trusty ThinkPad X201)
2. Lumia 1520 (recently acquired; replacing my also recently acquired Lumia 830)
3. iPad Air (specifically for the purposes that I use it for - though iOS 8.xxx sucks!)

Edit: So, now this list has changed. It reads as follows:

1. SP3 (I am eying a SP4 though)
2. 640XL (yes, over and above my 1520 - though I am eyeing the 950XL)
3. S3 (which replaced the iPad Air - the reasons being quite obvious, I think)

Last edited:

Rahul

1. 15" rMBP
2. 28" Samsung UHD 4K screen @ 60 Hz via DP
3. Surface Pro 3
4. iPhone 6+ and Note 3
5. PS4 / XBONE
6. Valentine One

kristalsoldier

I am glad that the SP3 is turning out to be a mature and reliable device (at least for me), which it deserves to be. I really enjoy using it and now I am thinking of making it the centerpiece of my computing needs at home by giving away my desktop computer. So, next on the list of acquisitions is the Surface dock.

kundas1

hey krystal, how do you like the L1520? isn't it an awesome device? I also recently acquired it and can't put it down like my SP3 LOL between the 2 my GF never can spend time with me :p

kristalsoldier

hey krystal, how do you like the L1520? isn't it an awesome device? I also recently acquired it and can't put it down like my SP3 LOL between the 2 my GF never can spend time with me :p

This is going to be OT - Mods! But please understand! :)

Like it? I love it!!! I never believed I would be comfortable with a large-screen phone, but now that I have it, it took me just a couple of hours to get used to it and now when I handle it along side my former L830 (which a family member uses) and my L720 which I still keep as a back-up phone, the other phones seem like toys. As such - and this is how this post retains desperately, I might add, relevance to the theme and content of this thread - the L1520 is a perfect complement to the SP3. One curious - indeed quite funny - thing that I noticed is that if I keep the L1520 and the L720 side by side, they look identical only that the L1520 looks like a gigantic L720 which, for some reason, tickles my funny bone!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This is going to be OT - Mods! But please understand! :)

Like it? I love it!!! I never believed I would be comfortable with a large-screen phone, but now that I have it, it took me just a couple of hours to get used to it and now when I handle it along side my former L830 (which a family member uses) and my L720 which I still keep as a back-up phone, the other phones seem like toys. As such - and this is how this post retains desperately, I might add, relevance to the theme and content of this thread - the L1520 is a perfect complement to the SP3. One curious - indeed quite funny - thing that I noticed is that if I keep the L1520 and the L720 side by side, they look identical only that the L1520 looks like a gigantic L720 which, for some reason, tickles my funny bone!
I think next week we will discover how much functionality can be had on our 1520s :)