What's new

Which bag to buy or similar surface 3?

Snow_Cat

Do you not find that the UK plug is just too big to be convenient when putting in a discrete bag like these? Given that the S3 seems to need the big power brick instead of something like a slim phone charger, it would make real sense to design it to have the pins fold away so that it an actually go in a bag instead of being a massive bump that not many bags can actually accommodate without being huge.

Yup I totally agree! As a foreigner having lived in the UK for many years, I still can't get over the size of the plug! Especially it kills the whole concept of the portability of small devices like Surface 3.

There are 'folding' plus out there, but the majority of them don't seem to have enough charging power for Surface 3. (I have one that came with my Nexus 7, but it doesn't charge Surface 3). The only thing I think could work (2.4A) is quite expensive, so I am hesitating to get it...:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00S30V2...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1XTXPP7NXMT6ZJBXN520

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that's quite a lot of money for a plug. Oh well. In terms of portability, while heavier, it's actually more convenient for me just to stick my dvd-case size battery in my bag than a micro usb charger. Good job Microsoft :/