What's new

Why do Modern UI apps take so long to load?

mitchellvii

[SOLVED] Why do Modern UI apps take so long to load?

The other day I wanted to take a quick photo. Good luck with that.

I clicked the Modern UI Camera app and it only took about 10 seconds to load. Seriously? 10 seconds to load a Camera app? This device has an i5 CPU and 4 gigs of ram and it takes 10 seconds to load an app? So much for getting the quick shot of the alien spacecraft. Hope they are willing to hang around.

Have also noticed this with the Trackpad Setting app. I mean it doesn't get much more basic than that and even then it takes about 10 seconds to load.

What is the deal with this?

UPDATE - Turns out that Modernmix, the Beta from Stardock was causing this. I dumped it and now everything is fast. Apologies to MS :)

Last edited:

tonyz3

Mich this is one of the biggest reasons i uninstalled metromix. this started when i installed metro m and no longer there when i got rid of it. oops modernmix.

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Mich this is one of the biggest reasons i uninstalled metromix. this started when i installed metro m and no longer there when i got rid of it.

Yep, that was it. Dumped Modernmix, rebooted and it's fine.

Sorry MS :)

Last edited:

TeknoBlast

Wow, people are s spoiled these days with speed that 10 whole seconds is sure a long time for some people. hhahahha

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Wow, people are s spoiled these days with speed that 10 whole seconds is sure a long time for some people. hhahahha

With an i5 cpu and 4 gigs of ram 10 seconds to open a very simple app is an eternity. I thought that the beta I was running was causing the problem as it seemed to improve when I removed it, but now the lag has returned.

Weird.