What's new

Will Leap Motion save Windows 8?

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I think you are confusing people just tired of your belly aching with being a ms fanboy

Bottom line, MS is going to be implementing pretty much every change I have recommended. Meanwhile the fanboys have been perfectly happy for MS to give the consumer the finger and go full speed ahead. If MS can see the wisdom of my viewpoint why can't you?

Windows 8 wasn't a complete fail, it was like a brilliant but slightly misguided child. It can be great if it doesn't blow it.

Does it bother you that MS apparently agrees with me? I think it does. Windows 8.1 is a confirmation of everything I have talked about.

Last edited:

tonyz3

Bottom line, MS is going to be implementing pretty much every change I have recommended.
Does it bother you that MS apparently agrees with me? I think it does. Windows 8.1 is a confirmation of everything I have talked about.
I can not wait to rub your face in your pile bs of changes they will not implement. Like the whinny yelping poodle you have become. :big smile:please for the record one more time. List all the changes they will implement per your requests and we will see how many happen.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

The thing that is so damned amusing is that your attitude is very reflective of what has gotten Microsoft into such trouble on Windows 8 in the first place. Here's how it goes. "Windows 8 is wondrous and visionary and anyone who doesn't get it is just a whiner because we are brilliant and can't possibly be wrong..."

The remarkable part is that in their recent press releases regarding Windows 8.1 they make a big deal about "listening to customers" as if this is a special new experience for them.

But face it, Microsoft is changing Windows 8 - A LOT. I promise you they DON'T want to do this. It is a HUGE slap in their over-sized egos - and yet, they are. The OS which you think is so perfect is about to undergo major changes - changes which are only happening because they are absolutely vital for Window's survival. You do realize that in being quite satisfied with Windows 8 in it's current configuration you are in the tiny minority, right? If your opinion was the majority MS would not be undergoing the drastic changes they are. Unless of course you believe MS is publicly humiliating themselves to silence a few loud voices?

So you can use playground insults like calling me a "whiner". I do not care. I am right and have been all along. And you know what? I love being right.

** Here's one prediction. The Start Button will be a REAL Start Button, not just a button to take you to Modern UI (which would be a complete joke). I think it will be much like Start8 which allows the user to decide how the Start Button will behave.

Windows 8.1 will be about user options. The theme will be, "Make Windows 8.1 what you want it to be!..."

Watch and learn grasshopper, watch and learn.

Last edited:

tonyz3

So that is your big predictions a real start button. :yelling:and options.:cry: Sounds like someone is afraid to stick his foot on his mouth.

DOS

But mitchellvii, if they give you everything you want, what are we all going to talk about? ;)

I like the idea of a Windows 8.1 Prediction Thread…

Oh Wait! Let me get my Magic 8 Ball:

Will Windows 8.1 bring back the Windows 7 Start Button?
(Shake, Shake, Shake) “Fat Chance.”

Will Windows 8.1 bring back ANY Start Button?
(Shake, Shake, Shake) “Reply Hazy, Try Again”

OK

Will Windows 8.1 bring back ANY Start Button?
(Shake, Shake, Shake) “It is Certain.”

Will the New Windows 8.1 Start Button take you back to the Modern UI Start Menu?
(Shake, Shake, Shake) “As I see it, yes.”

Will Windows 8.1 allow the user to Boot to the Desktop?
(Shake, Shake, Shake) “Very doubtful.”

Here’s one just for fun…

Will the next Surface Pro have an adjustable Kickstand?
(Shake, Shake, Shake) “It is decidedly so.”

(Stupid magic 8 ball.)

Hey, you can’t argue with the Magic 8 Ball. I guess we’ll wait and see how well it does?

J515OP

Super Moderator
I could understand this decision if the 3 platforms were using the same technology (Mobile/RT/Win 8) and we could easily dev cross platform, but we can't, therefore I just don't get why desktop is being forced this way.

This is exactly where MS is headed.

T3Jn

I appreciate that, but currently they are not, so why are desktop users being forced to use an OS that is Phone/Tablet optimised at a cost to productivity?

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

The Windows 8.1 Start Button will work much like the Start8 Button, just wait and see. The main complaint about the Start Button from desktop and mouse users is the fact you are forced to go back and forth from Desktop to Modern UI to get anything done, not that there is just a button or not. If MS solution is just to use a Start Button as a link to Modern Ui is just dumb and insulting. If MS pulls that trick they are in trouble.

Forcing mouse users into an environment designed for touch will NEVER work. You need two options. If MS insists on going one-size-fits all their only hope is something like Leap Motion which was the point of this thread.

Do you guys think MS is about to release a major update to Windows 8 only 6 months after its launch because people LOVE how it is now?

** And yes, giving the user options is a HUGE change from Windows 8.0. That's the biggest change of all.

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I appreciate that, but currently they are not, so why are desktop users being forced to use an OS that is Phone/Tablet optimised at a cost to productivity?

I think MS is realizing this, hence Windows 8.1. Ockham's Razor.