Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
New Windows Update / Software Update options.

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

RémiM

I am having a random odd issue.

When I turn off my SP3, I sometimes have a message popping up and saying something about the memory that could not be written. I don't have the time to entirely read it, and there also is a 0x0000000 -- or something like that number.

Simultaneously, the system tells me that programs are preventing Windows to turn off. But I have no program runing, and no reason for the system to give me such a message.

Anyone else experiencing this issue ?

mitchellvii

I am having a random odd issue.

When I turn off my SP3, I sometimes have a message popping up and saying something about the memory that could not be written. I don't have the time to entirely read it, and there also is a 0x0000000 -- or something like that number.

Simultaneously, the system tells me that programs are preventing Windows to turn off. But I have no program runing, and no reason for the system to give me such a message.

Anyone else experiencing this issue ?

Just ignore it. No harm no foul.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I notice that Windows 10 has a slightly different series of touchpad PC Settings than Windows 8.1. A "precision touchpad" means that the touchpad can sense gestures. However, the top toggle seems to have no effect on my Surface Pro 3, and is missing a label. No performance problems, though. Just curious.

Also, text is misaligned a bit on some other items.

Other note: The Paint app (remember that one?) is my preferred inking utility over OneNote. Nice drawing shapes and tools. Also adds my current desktop background image color to the palette.

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (55).png

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Like many others following this thread, my display driver is Intel 2/18/2015 10.18.15.4124
Is this the best? Don't know. But I gave it a non-scientific functional test, and am very pleased.

- Investigated pixels with a hand lens (I use for rocks and minerals) to look for strobing or color smoothing / bleed
- Simultaneously played two streaming videos (one Flash, one Shockwave), a local video file (Video app) and my SereneScreen Aquarium simultaneously to look for block refresh problems.

In particular, the edges of the bubbles on the simulated aquarium start blocking/pixelating, or sections of the aquarium start showing as black squares as performance diminishes. This is especially true when fish swim behind the bubbles, such as the Koran Angelfish near the top of the screenshot. No artifacts even appeared while taking the shot (double-click pen button).

Performance was exquisite. Never could achieve this under Windows 8.1. Just sayin'.

Surface Pro 3 i7 512

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (58).png

Screenshot (59).png

Status
Not open for further replies.