Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Surface Type Cover indeed has a precision touchpad, but is part of a "complex HID" (Human Interface Device) with more than one TLC (Top-Level Collection). The keyboard and pad share a complex interface, similar to the IBM Thinkpad interfaces of around 1998 to 2005. When the pad or keyboard malfunctioned, the laptop was virtually un-repairable. Fortunately, the Surface style Type Cover can be replaced easily.

Standalone touchpad devices (simple HID with only one TLC) should use this setting. For example, my Apple wireless touchpad allows the setting, but I cannot detect any difference in performance.

I agree that it would be less confusing if Windows 10 would show that setting as "On" for the Surface PCs.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Waiting for the next official fast Build. Lonely wait.

Screenshot (32).png

GoodBytes

You are on build 10049, same for me. But your Cortana icon on the task bar is different. I have the standard Search icon, you have the circle from the earlier builds.

GoodBytes

Didn't they say something about getting the builds out at a faster rate :rolleyes: Seem like its been awhile.
@sharpcolorado Nice picture, I liked the bamboo one you post a few days back
I think it is because they had issues in providing a stable enough build. And now they are probably working really hard for a Consumer Release, which will probably be out during or right after Microsoft BUILD event which starts April 29.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea. Done that.
I have a magnifying glass icon, in previous build it was cortana circle.

I've found a bit of inconsistency with taskbar icons. Not too long ago an update came out and everyone else had the new file explorer icon while i was left with the previous builds icon. Maybe this is just a rare issue resulting from doing updates and not clean installs, little things falling through the cracks during the update process.

GoodBytes

Yea. I already planned to do a clean install when the Consumer Preview comes out, and of course once Windows 10 is official release as always (I don't like to carry beta and debug stuff over)

GoodBytes

Windows 10 is essentially done. There will be MAYBE a few features here and there, at best, but core part of what they wanted to implement has been implemented. Now it is just polishing, and finishing off apps, and gui.
Windows 10.1 is already schedules for end 2016, so they will most likely add features that didn't make the cut yet.

Windows 10 on phones is getting many updates as this is the big focus now as it was not touched only after a while after Windows 10 started.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft has lost interest in desktops and tablets and is only concerned about trying to take over the phone market.

They rolled out update #56 weeks ago to Windows phones but NOT to tablets or desktops.

Everything goes to phones first and, if they get around to it, tablets and desktops.
Ugh....

There has only been 2 builds released for phones and 4 or 5 for x86/x64...

Status
Not open for further replies.