What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbaird

Good news - on my test machine, Juniper VPN client works on 10061. Since it was a registry issue it is likely that other 3rd party VPN clients will also work again.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Good news - on my test machine, Juniper VPN client works on 10061. Since it was a registry issue it is likely that other 3rd party VPN clients will also work again.

Great, @pbaird , was just going to ask you that. Also, I noticed that my Cisco Secure AnyConnect Client now handles certificates properly, cutting out a step.

Arizona Willie

I started downloading 061 and after awhile I heard a BOINK and went into the computer room to see and there , low and behold was a gorgeous blue screen of death.

Said that Driver IRQL not less or equal and that they were collecting information and it would reboot == IT DID NOT.

I had to hit the reset button on the desktop to get it to restart and then it booted into 049 and now I am attempting to re-download 061.

Not impressive to me.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Arizona Willie , I hope this go works out for you. But you are a voluntary test pilot of an experimental craft. Bumps and blasts expected. Helmet for that shiny head is advised. :)

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Battery life under Build 10061 after 8 hours since installing seems about 20 percent (almost 2 hours) better than previous build, and about a third better (almost 3 hours) than Windows 8.1 for the same situation

Non-scientific test.
- 100% brightness
- WiFi connected
- Outlook refreshing every 3 minutes, six accounts
- about 4 hours browsing
- edited and printed two photos, PaintShop Pro 7.
- sleep off.

hardhit

Can not get AT&T VPN client installed on this version and on the previous version it installed but did not work.

rkz

Anyone else getting 10066 update failure? Wonder why they would release them so close. Maybe just some of those issues got squashed. Probably out by build no?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Some screenshots of Windows 10 Build 10061 for those browsing by.
Note settings icons for toggles or quick-changes of location reveal, Brightness (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%), Rotation Lock, Media Connect, Bluetooth, WiFi, Display, Tablet Mode, Battery Saver, VPN, and Airplane Mode.
Also the Power button (Sleep, Restart, Shut Down) has been relocated to the bottom left.
The Start Menu can be resized, though the number of tiles laterally displayed within each category is set by the user, and honored even when resized.

Screenshot (33).png

Screenshot (34).png

Screenshot (35).png

Status
Not open for further replies.