What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else getting 10066 update failure? Wonder why they would release them so close. Maybe just some of those issues got squashed. Probably out by build no?
That Build is an internal build.... if you're seeing this, it is by mistake....

holy fcuk I have so much problems with internet connections. it constantly goes offline and i have to re enable connectiojn for every 5 min. im bout to break my screen.

hannytyo

... and Spartan going crazy too... right click a link in a webpage and this is what I got:

upload_2015-4-24_9-15-49.png

SteveMac

My regular complaint, they still haven't fixed IE to scale correctly when using a 1080p external monitor, it makes IE un-usable, when for the first time in many years I actually want to use it.

Stephan

Wow! That's a pretty strong statement. I don't know of any software with the complexity of an OS to not have some bugs in at launch or even a year after launch.

You can read a great article on the subject here : http://www.windows10update.com/2015...anger-of-a-misleading-windows-10-launch-date/

And here : https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3022/thinking-about-a-possible-july-launch-of-windows-10

I really agree on the fact that all eyes are on Microsoft's next OS and that if they missed their shot with W10, the damage will be huge. (Lots of people are still saying that W8 is an awful OS, even that it's, now, a pretty good OS (thanks to the 8.1 update).
But they are staying on their first impressions (8.0).. It will be the same for W10, so Microsoft can't do wrong this time.

hannytyo

So, question? How to re-install build 10061? Several things are going so wrong, but seems like those only happened to me. Do I need to download the 10041 first?

mitchellvii

To evaluate how successful W10 will be, you can't view it with your own eyes but with the eyes of the average idiot user who has no idea how any of this stuff works (and doesn't want to know). That's where Apple succeeds. It's simple. Anyone can buy an Apple computer and even without reading the instructions sort of figure it out on their own. Apple's OS is like the dumb blond of OS's - good to look at and easy to use.

This is where W8 failed. Instead of the dumb blond it was the hot lab assistant. You wanted to fool around and she wanted to discuss astrophysics. It wasn't intuitive to the technologically challenged. Too many dead ends, too much non-obvious functionality. If your OS is confusing in the first 5 minutes of use, you have a problem. I was standing at the counter at BestBuy when a woman brought back her new W8 laptop. She said, "I need to return this," why ma'am?, "I can't make it do anything!". And there you have it in a nutshell.

If MS can make W10 idiot-proof while also providing the speed and power required by power users and enthusiasts, they could have a winner. Don't know if MS can do that. Hope with new leadership they can. :)

** The flexible user control and theming of the Start Menu is a step in the right direction, but they still have a way to go as far as functionality. C'mon Microsoft, you're dancing around the edges here - show us that you get it!

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
To evaluate how successful W10 will be, you can't view it with your own eyes but with the eyes of the average idiot user who has no idea how any of this stuff works (and doesn't want to know). That's where Apple succeeds. It's simple. Anyone can buy an Apple computer and even without reading the instructions sort of figure it out on their own. Apple's OS is like the dumb blond of OS's - good to look at and easy to use.

This is where W8 failed. Instead of the dumb blond it was the hot lab assistant. You wanted to fool around and she wanted to discuss astrophysics. It wasn't intuitive to the technologically challenged. Too many dead ends, too much non-obvious functionality. If your OS is confusing in the first 5 minutes of use, you have a problem. I was standing at the counter at BestBuy when a woman brought back her new W8 laptop. She said, "I need to return this," why ma'am?, "I can't make it do anything!". And there you have it in a nutshell.

If MS can make W10 idiot-proof while also providing the speed and power required by power users and enthusiasts, they could have a winner. Don't know if MS can do that. Hope with new leadership they can. :)

** The flexible user control and theming of the Start Menu is a step in the right direction, but they still have a way to go as far as functionality. C'mon Microsoft, you're dancing around the edges here - show us that you get it!

Speak for yourself. I bought an ipad air 2, couldn't make heads or tails of it, i used my girlfriends iphone 4s, couldn't make heads or tails of it, used a friends imac, couldn't make heads or tails of it. I certainly couldn't figure it out without instructions and much trial and error. Exactly the same happened with my father. I personally have no issues loading up a windows operating system and knowing how it works. And for average joe, i doubt it is any different given that all average joe wants to do is pretty much requires little more than double clicking internet explorer. Heck. If my mumn could buy a win 8.1 ultrabook after using a win 7 laptop and have no issues then it can't be that complicated, she is the kind of woman where if i show her how to find her download folder and hit start button to bring up the start menu she freaks and tells me to slow down, but nope, she uses it just fine. I think win 8.1 was berated for being so awkward, 2 os's and such, not because it was actually that hard to use.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tablet mode still utterly annoying. First tablet mode removed all desktop icons. Now in 10061 tablet mode removes all taskbar icons. Pretty stupid.

GTiceman

...This is where W8 failed. Instead of the dumb blond it was the hot lab assistant. You wanted to fool around and she wanted to discuss astrophysics. It wasn't intuitive to the technologically challenged. ...
This is awesome!

Tablet mode still utterly annoying. First tablet mode removed all desktop icons. Now in 10061 tablet mode removes all taskbar icons. Pretty stupid.
Just turn off the hidden icons in Tablet Mode settings. I think tablet mode is working better than ever an automatically switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.