What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rege0039

rege0039

Two methods to add URL to Start Menu

1. Create desktop shortcut to desired URL
2. Drag the shortcut to the Start button (lower left), and keep holding...
3. Release the drag on the Start Menu to the right

---- or ----

1. Browse to the desired URL
2. Drag the site icon (just left of the URL within the IE address bar) to the Start button (lower left), and keep holding...
3. Release the drag on the Start Menu to the right

You are a gentleman and a scholar ! Many thanks.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the wallpapers I use with Windows 10 shown in screenshots above have been requested via PMs:

1400-old-world-map-vector.jpg

world-map-wallpaper.jpg

computer-wallpaper.jpg

XT5brp6yc.jpg

classic-world-map-wallpaper.jpg

world_map5_by_nicklas81-d5yfz6a.jpg

1510553.jpg

World-Map-Wallpapers-6.jpg

r0b123

After a few days of use, I'm starting to like Win10. I've been able to use all my devices and found no problems with sculpt mouse, USB ethernet adapter, or mini DP adapter. But I still need to try my stylus pen and have heard there may be an issue, so we'll see if this is true.

I really like the Start menu and the resizing feature! Pinning apps and moving it around really shows the power of the start menu. Changing the color and sizing it up or across is very easy!

Other apps I'm using on Win10 include the Office apps, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word and Lync. Skype, Firefox, and Chrome seem to work as expected just like it did on Win8.1. The feedback feature is handy- anyone notice that the common apps you use, those are listed in the feedback list? So if you're having an issue, open the app, then open the feedback app. Voila, you're able to see if anyone encountered the issue but also report new issues!

Although I didn't get to install this as dual boot, I'm pretty happy using it as my normal system. System updates have been keeping it running smooth and no other hiccups at the moment, but only time will tell as I install a few more apps and try other devices for compatibility testing.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Adding URL directly from IE to Start Menu (Windows 10)

To add a URL directly from IE to the Start Menu:
1. Browse to the URL with Internet Explorer
2. Click the Settings icon, then "Add Site to Apps"

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (59).png

Screenshot (58).png

Last edited:

Dblkk

No better, no worse than 8.1 in my experience
Same here. I use it for only light stuff, unlike 8.1 has a lot of medium loads. But for most part, tasks identical, I don't think theres a difference at all. Though this is severely alpha beta build. But MS did promise better power management. So likely final build will include that, and extreme late versions of the preview more than likely.

hardhit

I have on windows 10 that the update of 06/10 is daily installing itself. Each day it's showing as successfully installed. Anyone else with this same issue?

lhauser

Is there a guide to using Modern IE 11 on Windows 10?

I'm trying to learn IE with the Modern interface. I am successfully using the Powershell script hack to use the MUI, but it's far from intuitive for me, especially with bookmark organization. It also seems like some of the keyboard controls I read about for IE under Win8 are different. Do I just need to switch over to Desktop mode to do my bookmark organization?

r0b123

I have on windows 10 that the update of 06/10 is daily installing itself. Each day it's showing as successfully installed. Anyone else with this same issue?

Now that you pointed this out, I'm seeing the same thing. But it's also showing the same for 2 other updates. When I restart, it shows an error and to click ok to terminate the program. I'm going to send feedback via the app.

rege0039

Anyone else having a problem with Outlook 2013 ? I can't attach any online only files from my OneDrive to any emails - but only on Windows 10. Local files are fine.

I get errror 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect.

I thought it might be disc size as I only had 185Mb left on my Windows 10 partition but a clear out of the language packs under Windows features go it to over 500Mb free.

Status
Not open for further replies.