What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arktik

I fresh installed 10074 and got all drivers installed. Everything seems to be working except I cannot open the Settings app. Every other modern app opens it seems but I cannot get settings to. I click it and nothing happens. Any advice?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Arktik ,

Look through your All Apps list, and find Settings represented by a purple gear icon. Does that run? It should be equivalent to swiping your finger from the right-hand edge of the screen. If it runs, pin it to Start, and that is your new Settings App. Discard the old.

If it does not run, we have a problem.

Arktik

@Arktik ,

Look through your All Apps list, and find Settings represented by a purple gear icon. Does that run? It should be equivalent to swiping your finger from the right-hand edge of the screen. If it runs, pin it to Start, and that is your new Settings App. Discard the old.

If it does not run, we have a problem.

I have tried from the right "charms" bar (not really charms bar anymore), i tried from pressing start then settings on top left, and also the purple gear icon app icon and no go. Looks like a re-install is in order :(

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi all,

In win 10 i can't play to My tv from browser (video streaming) but with win 8.1 and metro IE i can ....

there is a work around?
I'm hoping that MS will allow 3rd party icon packs as are offered in Android so we can bling up these gawdawful looking FaceID style Start Menu tiles. Isn't there anyone at MS to tell TPTB these boring tiles suck? We either get semi-useless animations or ugly gray tiles with a tiny icon in the middle. It's called flare MS, get some.

Somebody in charge at MS really really really likes the color gray... A LOT.

"Hey guys, we have this awesome new palate in the form of these tiles to really blow the world away with. What should we do with them? Wait, I know, let's make them 80% gray! The same focus group that told us no one actually uses the Start Button also said gray was super IN this year!"

Considering MS is so deadset on ramming these tiles down our throat, don't you think they would spend 5 minutes on making them NOT SUCK?

Don't you think it is possible that they have more important things to focus on right now? You act like this is the RTM build.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone experiencing problems with MUI onenote and the select pen button? the pen is setup as two button, and holding the select button shows the normal symbol to tell me i'm about to select something, but it just inks instead.

GTiceman

Anyone experiencing problems with MUI onenote and the select pen button? the pen is setup as two button, and holding the select button shows the normal symbol to tell me i'm about to select something, but it just inks instead.

I am also having this issue as well as using the launch button when locked.

mitchellvii

Don't you think it is possible that they have more important things to focus on right now? You act like this is the RTM build.

More important things than the UX of the most consumer-facing feature of the whole damned thing? No, actually I don't think they have more important things to focus on.

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
More important things than the UX of the most consumer-facing feature of the whole damned thing? No, actually I don't think they have more important things to focus us.

I am not saying it is not important. I am saying that this is beta software, it has not been released yet. They have plenty of time to change the UX. Maybe right now they have opted to focus on Edge for the present build. You act as if it is cut and dry and it can't possibly be addressed before release.

While the previews are building a demand for the OS, it is primarily for feedback purposes, not advertising purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.