What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found the same problem. New MUI onenote preview not having brush thinkness options is stupefying.

Tried changing default - no luck.

It's been this way for the entire of onenote preview so far as i'm aware. They changed the thickness a tiny bit last build and it was the perfect writing thickness (was too thin before leading to jagged scratchy writing) and now they've reverted back to a thin pen. Unfortunately i can't even get surface hub to open (opens a blue window, and then it closes) so i can try and change the sensitivity.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting some funny inking behaviour in onenote preview of late..

Capture.JPG

The actual inking is fine, but it looked like this when i scrolled back up the page to highlight it.

GoodBytes

For those on the latest build. 50% of you don't have Aero glass effect.
If you want it, post feedback about it, and you can enable it by:
1- open regedit
2- navigate to: KEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\themes\personalize
3- Set EnableBlurBehind value from 0 to 1.

Restart, and you'll have it on your Start Menu and Task Bar. Microsoft said that if people want it, they'll put it in more places.

lhauser

The Photos background task seems to want to run all the time on 10074. I can kill it, but it often comes back on its own. It takes 20% or more of my CPU, makes the fan run all the time, and obviously kills battery life. Anyone else seeing this? I don't see it as a service I can disable.

Kris

Seems like they have totally forgot about making Windows 10 a Hybrid OS, desktop and tablet, and is just focusing on making it a desktop OS. I have to agree about the Icons too, what a let down. I will be highly disappointed when RTM hits and we are stuck with the same lame icons that Windows 8.1 has. Inspiration in that area has seemed to have left Microsoft some time ago. Maybe we will get lucky and someone will figure out how to make Icon packs like they have with Android. How sad is it when a phone OS looks prettier than a desktop OS? If you argue that this isn't that important you are 100% correct when it comes to functionality but the public wants something flashy to invest their money into. If they leave it bland like it is now, even with free Windows 7 and 8 upgrades, I don't see them hitting their 1 billion devices goal in 3 years.

Edit: is it worth trying out the Touch versions of office, if you already have 2013? Do they offer anything special?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have spent several days with Windows 10 Technical Preview 10074, including two Refresh and one Clean install, since the Windows Update from 10061. I wanted to investigate how solid and recoverable this Build is.

I also use Build 10074 on a MacBook Pro Retina 15. Can't touch this (screen). Wish I could.

Very happy with performance, the resizable Start Menu, and the Store Beta.
The home stretch to the release in July or August 2015 seems to be on the right track.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

cmergel

Anybody running Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) on Windows 10? Does the RSAT (Jan 2015 release\Build 9926) work on the latest Windows 10? Thanks.

Looking at finally putting 10 on my SP3 (primary work machine).

Anyone else having trouble that the surface wakes up from sleep when the cover is on?

And it never automatically reconnects to my connections no matter which connection im close to.

And it seems that when it has been on sleep for too long the desktop and start menu etc dissapears but my open applications is open, but I cant do anything so I have to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.