What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Ok last gasp here. Tried upgrade and failed. Tried ISO and failed. Going to revert back to clean 8.1 and try ISO again. My guess is something may have been farked in my 10074 installation causing the issue.

mitchellvii

Reverted back to clean 8.1. Tried running 10122 ISO. STILL it fails! Seriously WTF? How are some people getting this to work?

mitchellvii

I find it truly remarkable that MS releases an update that works the worst on its flagship product. How the hell did this POS make it out the door?

If MS doesn't have this resolved within 24 hours someone needs to get fired.

rege0039

I gave up for now. I just "Me Too" a bunch on the feedback app.

Me too ! .....

I mean I also gave up and did a whole load of Me Too feedback, not that I think I am saying Me Too by saying it here ..... If you see what I mean .....

If anyone who has the 18%/64% problem gets it to work do let us know.

Compusmurf

Cs allows the pen button to work with it sleeping, hibernate the machine is even in much lower mode but takes longer to restart, but if you use the pen and onenote all the time, that is not an option. It is a registry change, can be found on this forum, or dozens of other forums. Hope they come out with a fix or maybe a newer version for you folks with issues. My offer stands, if you need me to check something to compare to yours, hit me up. Seems success rate is like 1 out of 20.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This 10122 issue might be related to the last Firmware Update (and possibly hard-linked files in Windows.old). I know MS is tracking this issue, use the feedback app to "Me Too" if you are seeing the issue.

pbaird

Mind Boggling that not only did I not have installation problems, but so far my immediate reaction is that this is the best yet.
I had gone back to 8.1 a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I upgraded from 8.1 to 10074 by using a DVD from the ISO. Not clean, an upgrade. I immediately changed to fast ring and did the update to 10122. My fan ran like crazy for a while after, but is completely silent now.
Juniper VPN is working, tablet mode weirdness (metro apps went half screen for me in portrait) resolved. Even more stuff in Settings app. The only thing that I can't do right now is put my SP3 into portrait with my multiple monitor setup.

I do show a firmware update 5/14/15 that it says had problems and will try again.
updated - Also restarting is really slow - the boot up is really fast, but the shutdown part takes a while.

jnoonan72

I find it truly remarkable that MS releases an update that works the worst on its flagship product. How the hell did this POS make it out the door?

If MS doesn't have this resolved within 24 hours someone needs to get fired.

It is surprising that it is failing on the SP3, I am having the same issue, but since it is a Technical Preview and we have all chosen to be risk takers on the Fast Ring I certainly hope that no one gets fired as that is extreme. I won't be too surprised if we don't wind up waiting until they release this to the slow ring.

mitchellvii

This 10122 issue might be related to the last Firmware Update (and possibly hard-linked files in Windows.old). I know MS is tracking this issue, use the feedback app to "Me Too" if you are seeing the issue.

I have tried this also on a clean 10074 install and on a clean 8.1 install. All failed.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried this also on a clean 10074 install and on a clean 8.1 install. All failed.
I'm thinking it was that last Firmware Update which is below the OS layer, so it doesn't matter if you roll back to 8.1....Gabe said a bit ago that they are investigating a potential fix or work around.

Status
Not open for further replies.