What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender

Someone know what's the problem with BitLocker? I always get this error message!

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask you administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use Bitlocker

@compsmurf

Good idea do it like that (with hibernate), but if I put it in hibernate, it rewake 5secs after hibernating!

Last edited:

Zibi

Hi
I think someone from Microsoft should answer on our problems with 10122 ?.
I tried 7 times and each time stops update at 18 % ?

k

MassDude

Well, I had problems trying to upgrade to Build 10074. It would work but it wouldn't see the network adapters. No one here had run into it before so said what the hell and did a fresh install of 10074. Once I got things back to where I wanted, I turned on Fast track for preview installation, checked updates, and got 10122. It downloaded and then installed without a problem. So far so good. Maybe having had a clean install of 10074 helped.

Kris

Did a clean install on my SP3 using the ISO I linked to, I deleted all partitions, clicked on create new and it reset them up. Install went perfectly without hitch, except having to hook up a keyboard to sign in since I don't have a SP3 cover. Will check back in later with any errors or issues.

mitchellvii

Did a clean install on my SP3 using the ISO I linked to, I deleted all partitions, clicked on create new and it reset them up. Install went perfectly without hitch, except having to hook up a keyboard to sign in since I don't have a SP3 cover. Will check back in later with any errors or issues.

Did you burn the ISO to thumb drive and install from there or install from within Windows?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am not interested in forcing or hacking or cheating or cleaning or otherwise doing what Microsoft should do to make an install work. I'll wait. Otherwise, some subsequent problem might crop up later.

bluegrass

I just upgraded and it 10022 installed OK. So far nobody has said what improvements/changes were made to build 10022. The only thing I notices was that a bunch of the icons on the Start screen are really blurry. Is that a new affect to make you squint your eyes?

Of course it boots to the desktop as always so I push the Windows button in the task tray to go to the start screen and now it starts the start screen without the list of apps and the shutdown button on the left & I need to press the hamburger button at the top to change the start screen to the way I like it.

No problem running desktop apps. Ran the new & old browser and it brought up my website without a problem. I'll go do some digging on the MS website to see if I can find what improvements have been made in this new build.

bluegrass

I am not interested in forcing or hacking or cheating or cleaning or otherwise doing what Microsoft should do to make an install work. I'll wait. Otherwise, some subsequent problem might crop up later.

Sharp. I'm with you there. I just saw the update available when I checked for updates this morning and just ran the update. It downloaded and installed much quicker than the last build. I would say 15 to 30 minutes total.

Compusmurf

There's a blog post from Gabe Aul that tells you what improvements and changes were made. It's probably in the insider hub by now. (Haven't checked) Icons from desktop apps (not modern/metro or whatever it's called this week) are known to be blurry right now. They upsized the icons poorly to fill the full block. I suspect they may be quite aware of that already. Feel free to post feedback using their feedback tool. Your start screen in desktop mode may have defaulted to FULL screen which by default hides the list of apps. Set it back to normal size and all of that will show without the "hamburger".

Status
Not open for further replies.