What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffr39

So, who has the ESD/WIM (or already compiled into ISO) file for 10130? My $Win* hidden folder has an install.wim but imagex shows that is build 10122.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Finally, Windows has a good .pdf renderer.
Windows 10 Preview Build 10130 has "Print as a PDF" without having to use 3rd party software. Seems to be an aliased entry "Microsoft Print to PDF" also.

Screenshot (26).png

wynand32

Alrighty, installed on my SP3 just fine, Win8.1 > 10074 > 10030. Doing it's initial install stuff, updating 108GB of OneDrive, etc. I'll let it work overnight before using it, so I get the best idea of it's actual performance. Seems solid enough as I poke around with it, however.

Also installed on my desktop, where it's now officially my favorite OS--ever. It needs some spit and polish, but performance is excellent and features are spot-on. It's a great combination of what was best about Win8.1 and Win7. A phenomenal job on the part of the Windows team.

The install on my Dell Venue 8 Pro is going very slowly, but it's progressing. Can't wait to see how it runs there--if it works on that little guy, it'll hit all the buttons for me.

ScottyS

Yes!!! Never got 10122 to install, have been using Win8 for a while (and it's stability was a nice change), but I missed the look of Win10 and the excitement of computing on the cutting edge (or is it still cutting Spartan?).

10130 did take a long time to install, but it looks to be the best build yet.

ScottyS

Thank @sharpcolorado.
Everything seems to be working but the purple pen button still won't open OneNote. It is connected because when I look at Settings Bluetooth page it says paired and flashed a quick progress bar when I press the purple button.
Inking works, except no pen pressure sensitivity in Photoshop7 (a driver missing likely) but it works in OneNote and Spartan.

wynand32

Funny, but the update failed on the Dell Venue 8 Pro. I clicked too fast to note the error code, so I'll have to run through the update again.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Really liking this Build so far.... much more polished. The Swipe Up for settings isn't working as stated in the release notes....

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Thank @sharpcolorado.
Everything seems to be working but the purple pen button still won't open OneNote. It is connected because when I look at Settings Bluetooth page it says paired and flashed a quick progress bar when I press the purple button.
Inking works, except no pen pressure sensitivity in Photoshop7 (a driver missing likely) but it works in OneNote and Spartan.

Are you sure your Size 319 Coin Batteries are good?
If so, suggestions:

1) Remove the pen and re-pair.
2) Remove the pen driver, and get a new one from here.
3) Uninstall OneNote, restart your SP3, re-install OneNote from the Store.

"It's you. It's not me."

ScottyS

Are you sure your Size 319 Coin Batteries are good?
Yes, it's paired and connects when I press the button as visible by the quick progress bar in Bluetooth settings.

I'll try the other suggestions, but this Surface and my first SP3 never had that purple button work (actually it has worked a few times, more in prior Win10 build than Win8). A few weeks after I got the SP3 I went back to the MS store, they tried a new pen and when that wouldn't work they gave me a new SP3. It never worked (mostly) on the new SP3 either.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The batteries may be good enough to sense a signal (the progress bar) but not good enough for the digital transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.