What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
No 10130 for me. I'm just getting errors across the..surface. cannot get it to install from 10074 on either the SP3 or S3. Downloading the 10125 ISO and will try upgrading from that. Bit of a pain when it takes an hour and a half every download attempt.

mitchellvii

No 10130 for me. I'm just getting errors across the..surface. cannot get it to install from 10074 on either the SP3 or S3. Downloading the 10125 ISO and will try upgrading from that. Bit of a pain when it takes an hour and a half every download attempt.

Dude you have some ghosts in the machine. I recommend a complete hard wipe (like you were selling it) and reinstall of 8.1 and then ISO 10130 (see next post).

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude you have some ghosts in the machine. I recommend a complete hard wipe (like you were selling it) and reinstall of 8.1 and then ISO 10130 (see next post).

Cheers for the ISO link. I'll report back should it work or prove to be valid etc.

Just a little frustrating that these issues are present on a brand new unused device. Focusing on getting the S3 up and running first, but man oh man is it slow!

(something about that hosting site causes 40% cpu usage, it's gonna be a loud couple of hours!)

mitchellvii

An oldie but a goodie:
Heres an edge/spartan tip for you. Want to fix your favorites/reimport bookmarks, etc. You have to do it manually. Here's the location: C:\Users\"Your user name " \ AppData \Local \Packages\ Microsoft.Windows.Spartan_cw5n1h2txyewy \AC\Spartan\User\Default\ Favorites

ScottyS

An oldie but a goodie:
Compusmurf said:

Heres an edge/spartan tip for you. Want to fix your favorites/reimport bookmarks, etc. You have to do it manually. Here's the location: C:\Users\"Your user name " \ AppData \Local \Packages\ Microsoft.Windows.Spartan_cw5n1h2txyewy \AC\Spartan\User\Default\ Favorites
Thanks, I needed that.

MassDude

Went from 10122 to 10130 via upgrade this morning. Initially, when it started up (in the dock), no network adapters were discovered. However, after about a minute or so, they appeared, and everything is fine. So far so good. I'm liking the changes to the Start menu as well as the extra settings to customize what you want in the list, etc.

mitchellvii

Funny little tip on getting Cortana to respond to "Hey Cortana!"

Cortana apparently doesn't like dudes because when I say, "Hey Cortana!" in my normal voice, it won't open. But if I raise my voice about an octave and sound enthusiastic (I know, lame), it opens every time.

I honestly think we should be able to make it respond to saying, "Computa..." in a Scottish accent.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doing a clean clean wipe on the S3. sat at 5% for 30 minutes now. Slooooow. Maybe i'll keep the fiddling just to the SP3 in future.

mitchellvii

One nice thing about Edge is that you can now dock Favorites on the RIGHT side. Being right handed it always was a mystery to me why Internet Explorer defaulted to the left side when docking. You still need to be able to resize the dock but it's an improvement.

Also, when docked they need to add the ability to drag current webpages into the Favorites tree.

Font smoothing is still WAY WAY WAY better in Chrome than in Edge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.