What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

Now that Microsoft has fixed the bug with Notifications fly-in and System Tray icons not responding, I only have a few major issues left.

1. Tablet mode remains problematic because the swipe-down in 3rd-party Windows apps doesn't work and thus you can't access app commands or settings.
2. Battery life is less than it was with Win8.1, although I'm getting a pretty solid 5 hours (much improved from some previous builds).
3. General instability with things like Windows apps crashing and such.

Overall, though, I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. It's not as solid as on my desktop, but much better than on my Dell Venue 8 Pro. Fix the remaining bugs and add a little spit and polish, and this thing could be a go for July 29.

Kris

Onenote pen button fixed in 135.
can't get second button to open the spinwheel
Edit: still having issues with the taskbar and slideshow for the backgrounds is still broken. Still having errors when shutting down without using a self created shutdown link button.
Does seem a little quicker, no network issues so far.

Last edited:

rege0039

Fly out fix made no difference to me at all.

Still flaky and won't appear at all unless I have list of recently used programmes switched on (Which I don't like). Swipe in for notifications seems slightly better.

In 130 start menu is pretty hit and miss, can only pin to it once per boot (have to drag and drop after that. Some live tile apps aren''t updating and position of new tiles isn't remembered between boots.

I like Win10 but it still has some ways to go .....

mitchellvii

Wish I knew why gamma setting never sticks in these builds. You can set gamma, but then after coming out of sleep, it resets to the default and you have to do it all over again. C'mon MS, either give us back the HD Control Center << this!! or fix your settings so they are reliable.

Why do Taskbar, Start Menu background and Tile backgrounds all have to be varying shades of the same color? The flexibility in this feature is basically zero.

Don't know if I'm having having a hardware issue or not, but under 10135, Windows no longer recognizes my external monitor.

Last edited:

wynand32

In 130 start menu is pretty hit and miss, can only pin to it once per boot (have to drag and drop after that. Some live tile apps aren''t updating and position of new tiles isn't remembered between boots.

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about the Live Tile pinning bug, hadn't installed any new apps in a few days. That one should be on my list for sure, it's very annoying.

GTiceman

still can't connect to the display adapter, is there an Intel driver set for the SP3 I can roll back to that we know works or another way to push firmware?

My Device Manager shows a Miracast Devices listed with a 2006 driver date.

Sometimes it just stays saying "Connecting" others the Display Adapter begins to respond, but then the SP3 says couldn't connect.

cliffr39

I have the same issue with Miracast on Win10 and Win8.1 with my Surface Pro 3.
Seems Miracast is just not reliable. I always have to remove the paired device and reconnect to it as new each time. That is with my Samsung TV, Roku devices, Amazon Fire TV, and the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.