What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMINENT

Why do Taskbar, Start Menu background and Tile backgrounds all have to be varying shades of the same color? The flexibility in this feature is basically zero.

If you go to Colors and uncheck to show those above with the same color, you'll get a gray background for all. Why they have to lump these together without options is beyond me.

I'd like a separate taskbar color from flyout and backgrounds and fully transparent for backgrounds as an option.

GTiceman

I have the same issue with Miracast on Win10 and Win8.1 with my Surface Pro 3.
Seems Miracast is just not reliable. I always have to remove the paired device and reconnect to it as new each time. That is with my Samsung TV, Roku devices, Amazon Fire TV, and the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.

Works fine from my android phone and i never had an issue in 8.1

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
just downloading 10135 now. fingers crossedfor some better battery life. in the 45 minutes ive spent dpwnloading and doing nothing else, ive gone from 100 percent to 62.

mitchellvii

If you go to Colors and uncheck to show those above with the same color, you'll get a gray background for all. Why they have to lump these together without options is beyond me.

I'd like a separate taskbar color from flyout and backgrounds and fully transparent for backgrounds as an option.

I honestly believe TPTB at MS are intentionally leaving the Start Button/Menu relatively featureless because if they make it AMAZING, the critics will say, "Damn, if you could do THIS all along, why did you ever get rid of it?!"

Adding a ton of cool features to the Start Menu (tile templates, jump lists, etc) is not so much a programming challenge as a design choice. MS could, they just don't want to and, IMHO, for all the wrong reasons.

wynand32

So, a general question for those folks downloading unofficial ISOs: why do you trust them? I'm at least a tiny bit concerned that something could be injected in them. Are these coming from a trustworthy source?

mitchellvii

So, a general question for those folks downloading unofficial ISOs: why do you trust them? I'm at least a tiny bit concerned that something could be injected in them. Are these coming from a trustworthy source?

Who knows? I'm looking to get hacked so I can blame all my personal screwups on them. :)

Seriously though, the ISO's I've gotten from Mega have been linked from reputable sites and nothing as has ever fired up my anti-virus software. Risk free? Nope. Crazy risky? Probably nope as well.

mitchellvii

Does anyone know the Registry Settings in W10 for setting Gamma? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks,

< begin rant>
** You know, I wouldn't mind so much that MS has gotten rid of the HD Control Center, but it's the fact they INSIST on replacing the stock Intel Drivers with their on special lame version any time I try to impose my own will and install them that really annoys. Dear, MS, why do you have such a hard-on about me doing what I want to do? What is it about user customization that gets your panties in such a twist? If I want the damned Intel Stock Drivers, let me have the damned Intel Stock Drivers and STOP replacing them with yours!
< end rant >

Status
Not open for further replies.