What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

ya 10147 is giving me WiFi issues too, it periodically does not want to connect to my 5GHz, says wrong password when I know its correct. I removed the 2.4GHz auto connect and a reboot usually fixes the issue. Been having this issue since 10130 or 10135... Since I went through 7 SP3s before I got one that would connect to WIFI longer than a couple minutes this isn't a huge deal to me.

Compusmurf

10147 there are reports around that it has a wifi and Bluetooth dropping issue. I have experienced it several times now. :( sad because this is the best build so far.

mitchellvii

If you want to remove the useless and unattractive Windows 10 Watermark from the bottom right of your screen, here is a quick article how. Super simple and didn't cause Avast to freak even a little:

http://betanews.com/2015/02/02/how-to-remove-the-build-number-watermark-from-windows-10s-desktop/

fvk8hy.png

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Just noticed something. Does this mean what I hope it means - jump lists on Start Menu tiles? It's obviously not working now but is this an upcoming feature? Would be SO awesome.

** Nope, darnit, looks like a false positive here. Apparently this refers to jump lists on "Most Used" apps on left hand column and NOT tiles. Boo. :-(

5d1p3r.png

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. Up until your WiFi and Bluetooth stop working

My bluetooth (logitech dinovo edge - so dodgy at the best of times) and wifi have been absolutely faltless. Last build, my Edge was dropping connection a handful of times a day. But then other than when the surface was initially released, i've never had any wifi issues. Are people experiencing wifi issues connecting to AC routers etc? I've always just connected to some devolo IPoP things (think they might be n spec) and never had an issue

It keeps dropping my Wi-Fi but not Bluetooth. Plus, I can't change from the slow to the fast builds. It acts like it is changed, but when I go back and look, it is on slow again.

wynand32

All of you brave souls who've experimented with 10147 have convinced me of two things: Microsoft is making good progress towards the 7/29 deadline, and I'm glad I'm waiting for the next official build.

I read somewhere that Microsoft is only planning two more builds before GA. Hmmm.

GTiceman

My bluetooth (logitech dinovo edge - so dodgy at the best of times) and wifi have been absolutely faltless. Last build, my Edge was dropping connection a handful of times a day. But then other than when the surface was initially released, i've never had any wifi issues. Are people experiencing wifi issues connecting to AC routers etc? I've always just connected to some devolo IPoP things (think they might be n spec) and never had an issue
My issues are with 147 not connecting at all at times. It says connected but I lose connectivity. Never had an issue until then

Status
Not open for further replies.